1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Hmmm. It sounds like it would reconstitute into mush - maybe that is okay, although I bet canned food is more appealing. I wonder that they don't suggest adding raw meat to it for all ages, not just kittens. It wouldn't do anything beneficial for gums and teeth, since there is nothing to chew and chomp.

I am using something similar with Gracie for her raw food, Instincts mix from Feline Future. It is egg based, with minerals, taurine and other ingredients, and is designed to be mixed with raw muscle and organ meats. It is not a stand-alone diet...

Fran

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
We had a thread about this food a while ago, seems to me I wasn't impressed with the ingredients. Lemme see if I can find it...

Here it is....OK, well it was the taurine content I was questioning...but it's truly a question, I'm not sure how much should be present.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56335&p=570091&hilit=thehonestkitchen#p570091

·
Registered
709 Posts
"Hormone-free chicken, eggs, potatoes, yams, flaxseed, zucchini, spinach, honey, cranberries, rosemary, vitamins and minerals."

The only ingrdients the cat actually needs are the first two. It's likely just an over priced canned like food.. I wouldn't waste my money. I'd rather buy actual raw meat medallions from Primal or Natures Variety for the price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I took in a couple cats for a short time they came with a ton of junk kibble but they also had a couple bags of a freeze dried raw food called Stella & Chewy's. The ingredients are...

Chicken (ground with bone), beef, chicken liver, beef liver, beef kidney, beef heart, beef tripe, chicken gizzard, ground beef bone, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, direct-fed microorganisms (Pediococcus acidilaticici, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium longum, Entercoccus faecium), magnesium oxide, vitamin E supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, potassium iodide.
I'd shred up a medallion and add some water, let it soak in, (seemed to take awhile) and feed it to them. They liked it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts