Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday, One of my molars is twisted to the side, and I'm terrified because I don't know what the dentist is going to do to me!
I tried taking a picture of it but it is not showing too well :roll:
I even googled and nothing.
:roll:
Help please!

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Do you mean it has grown in that way or did something happen? 8O

You DO know that rawhide cat chews are for the cat, right? :D

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
marie73 said:
Do you mean it has grown in that way or did something happen? 8O

You DO know that rawhide cat chews are for the cat, right? :D
It's been straight for about 26 years, it's gradually turned this past year.
LOL no I didn't know that!! :roll:

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Whoa. Not good. We have a member who's a dental assistant - I'll PM you her member name and maybe she'll respond tonight.

I really wish you had my dentist. :(

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marie73 said:
Whoa. Not good. We have a member who's a dental assistant - I'll PM you her member name and maybe she'll respond tonight.

I really wish you had my dentist. :(
Thanks so much Marie!! :D
At this point braces wouldn't be the worse, I am scared it'll have to be pulled!! :roll:

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Princess! :D

·
Super Moderator
26,389 Posts
Believe me, I know! And I'm sure that's what 90% of dentists would have told me I needed for my last tooth issue. Thank goodness for my dentist.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Oh Maria...I'll keep you in my thoughts...That sounds painful. :(

Mick, I've had a teeth cleaning...It wasn't so bad :lol: The technician was very nice and we were talking about pets and everything. You'll live. :lol:

Maria, you'll be fine as well! Just think of Tiger and all will be fine. :D

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Maria,

Oh what axis did the molar twist? Did it twist side to side, front to back, or did it twist in the socket? Not sure about a twist, but for the others, orthodontics may help. 25 years ago, before I received braces, my two upper incisors (tooth #8 and #9) were shifted sideways slightly. Rather than point straight down, #8 pointed slightly towards the left of my mouth and #9 pointed slightly to the right. I probably could have ate corn through a picket fence with my teeth.

I guess I am very lucky in that my wisdom teeth came in perfectly. My palate is rather deep front to back so I had plenty of room. The only reason one of them came out was because in 1995, I cracked the tooth from an improperly ground amalgam filling. My jaw literally slid when I bit down and the upper right 3rd molar ground against the lower right 3rd molar. The upper cracked and exposed the nerve. So it had to be extracted. That really was a shame because I could have gone to my grave with 32 teeth.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Donaldjr1969 said:
Maria,

Oh what axis did the molar twist? Did it twist side to side, front to back, or did it twist in the socket? Not sure about a twist, but for the others, orthodontics may help. 25 years ago, before I received braces, my two upper incisors (tooth #8 and #9) were shifted sideways slightly. Rather than point straight down, #8 pointed slightly towards the left of my mouth and #9 pointed slightly to the right. I probably could have ate corn through a picket fence with my teeth.

I guess I am very lucky in that my wisdom teeth came in perfectly. My palate is rather deep front to back so I had plenty of room. The only reason one of them came out was because in 1995, I cracked the tooth from an improperly ground amalgam filling. My jaw literally slid when I bit down and the upper right 3rd molar ground against the lower right 3rd molar. The upper cracked and exposed the nerve. So it had to be extracted. That really was a shame because I could have gone to my grave with 32 teeth.
I think is twisted in the socket, why do you ask? will I need a retainer or braces for just one tooth?
It seems like you have got a lot of work done on your teeth and endured a lot of pain huh? poor thing! , you are an expert! Thanks for the advice!

Mxtx I already had my wisdom teeth removed 3 years ago, they were all impacted, my gums had to be cut and stitch up.. so I know how you feel! :roll:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts