Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm following Jack the cat on Facebook (the one who was lost by American Airlines) and they posted a horrible link on their wall tonight. It was of a kitty on death row at a shelter in New York who is being put down in the morning because he is too scared and they think that is a behavior problem. I know this happens on a daily basis but I try to avoid this stuff at all costs because I'm just too sensitive for it. I can't seem to shake it. If it were in MN or WI I would go get him because I saw his little face and I cry every time I think about it. I commend every one of you who works rescue, I can't imagine seeing this every day.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section Marie. I'm on my Blackberry and can't really edit the location from Cat Chat to Lounge.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I subscribe to that site "Pets on Death Row" - they have 40 or so cats, including the one you saw, that are to be PTS today by 7 PM if they're not rescued. This is the Animal Control Center in NYC. Heartbreaking doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm glad they put that link up to promote awareness. There's so much love being poured out for Jack, but there are SO many others out there that need that same love. I hope someone adopts him.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw :'(.

He was perfectly healthy and only 1 year old. He was just scared of the shelter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts