Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
My name is Chris. My 14yr old female, named Kitty, is in bad shape. Sunday evening my wife and I noticed her walking unbalanced and seeming very lethargic. We then noticed her with labored breathing. I called my vet and ended up taking her to an emergency animal hospital at 12:15am. They physically examined her, did x-rays, urine analysis and sent out bloodwork. The x-rays showed nothing bad, the urine was full of blood. I was given ammox. for possible urinary tract infection. The next day the vet called me and stated her creatinine level was 9.1. I had all the tests set to my regular vet and brought Kitty there immediately to start IV therapy. Kitty spent the last 3 days at the vet receiving IV therapy, her ammox. and a couple other medications to treat CRF. Her blood was tested again and the vet called me and told me her creatinine had gone up to 12.2 and her BUN was more than 130. The vet told us we could take her home if we wanted as things didn't look good and if we wanted to, bring her back tomorrow morning for another IV therapy session. Kitty has been falling over and having very labored breathing at home tonight. She looses control of her legs and then urinates on the floor. My wife and I and the kids are devastated. We feel it's time to put her down. I am wondering if there is any hope for her at this point, or has that time come? We don't want her to suffer anymore. I just want to know if anyone else out there has gone through the same experience. I've read stories about cats with higher levels pulling through...but she just seems to be worsening extremely fast. Any comments are much appreciated. Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts