Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm a cat lover and devotee of a particular breed, the Siamese. Two of my beloved Siamese, a tortie point aged sixteen years and a seal point girl who I grew up with since age eleven, have passed on in the last year and a half. They are survived by two other Siamese, a Chocolate point boy and a Lilac point girl. My mom, who is also a cat lover, has a seal point boy rescued from a shelter and a seal point girl. My favorite aspect of the Siamese personality is how talkative and affectionate they are. My cats always let me know when they need attention!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome! I am also partial to the siamese.. I have a seal point mix male and a new addition who just arrived today a chocolate point (could be seal point, not good at identifying points when the color is so alike) kitty! We like pictures here so feel free to post some!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome! I too love appleheads! I recently lost a seal point at 18 and a blue point at 16. I have two new traditional/appleahead babies -- a chocolate girl and a lilac boy. Like you, I love how they talk. I especially love when they both talk at once -- it sounds like they're singing to me.

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
Ive never heard of a torti point Siamese! I love applehead siamese cats. My first cat as a child was a seal point applehead siamese named Ming. He started me on the love of cats. Welcome to the forum. You will love it here.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Ive never heard of a torti point Siamese! I love applehead siamese cats. My first cat as a child was a seal point applehead siamese named Ming. He started me on the love of cats. Welcome to the forum. You will love it here.
When I was a child in the 60 the neighbor across the street hand a applehead named Ming.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
My first cat as a child was a seal point applehead siamese named Ming.
When I was a child in the 60 the neighbor across the street hand a applehead named Ming.
Wouldn't it be funny if you were neighbors when you were younger? I mean, what are the odds of cooncatbob having a neighbor who had siamese cat named Ming...just like Mitts & Tess' childhood cat??

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Doubtful, this was an elderly couple with grown children.
It was in Concord, CA.
If I recall Ming was quite large and quite a fighter, used to get into it with our 2 Tomcats Hungry and Blackie, this was back in the days when nobody fixed their cats and they were all allowed to roam and breed.
I remember canvasing the neighborhood with my sister trying to give away kittens.
Actually oriental names for Siamese cats is probably pretty common.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome! Another siamese lover here. I have mixed pointed kitties with very classic siamese personalities and they are so much fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome! Another siamese lover here. I have mixed pointed kitties with very classic siamese personalities and they are so much fun.
I see from your picture that you have a lynx point...they are gorgeous! I've never had one but they are very intrepid looking.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yeah I didn't even know what a lynx-point was when I adopted Apollo, and then fell in love with them so much that when we went to get a second cat, we adopted another lynx-point! ;)
Athena's points are fainter (and she's got tortie genes in her too).

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
"My cats always let me know when they need attention!"

There's a time when they don't want/demand attention?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all, i have 3 bombay cats one is now 17 and the other 2 are now 16 bless em, and a new baby a chocolate tabby point little girl, she is my first tabby point ive had seals, blues and chocolate in the past would put up some pics but not sure how x

·
Registered
9 Posts
I absolutely love Siamese, especially appleheads! I love all cats, but it's the oriental ones that I go crazy about. I love their personalities and their intelligence.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"My cats always let me know when they need attention!"

There's a time when they don't want/demand attention?

What I meant is they are extremely talkative--not just talkative, but loud talkers, which is my favorite aspect of the Siamese breed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts