Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: howling cat about 8-9 years old, spaded not usual for "spring cheer" seen after inspecting ears preety dirty although not ouzing or mucus, showered cat one ear perfect other just some cleaned.

The worse part now I see the cat lost general balance, although performing his usual leaps. Upon decending from his higher marks he'd fall to side as well as when he walked far from these incidents. Not constant however intermetly.

Again, howling as if in pain, loss of coordination, and ear appeared infected. No prior signs. cat has ate cat food and been home kept since birth. Used to permitt his exit to back yard and has not seen that for 5 years. Please anyone with some similiar or expertize in this area respond. even call 800 490-8089 toll free if you like.

Thank you!

Joe 8O

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
I'm sorry. The one thing noone here can do is diagnose. Even a member who's a vet could not give a definite diagnosis without examining your cat. You noticed what seemed to be an infected ear. The center of balance is in the inner ear, so it's possible that's causing her instability. It could be something worse yet. I'm sure her cries of pain are upsetting. Please get her to an emergency clinic tonight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm far from being trained in animal medicine, but it definitely does sound like your cat has a serious (and probably painful) inner ear infection... PLEASE take him to an emergency vet as soon as possible... you should have no trouble finding one in NYC. It is horrible to think of your kitty being in pain all this time.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It is urgent for your cat to go to a vet; way past time in fact. Inner ear infections, which result in loss of balance--the severe pain probably explains why he's howling in agony--are extremely difficult to clear up. Be prepared for a long, expensive road to recovery for your kitty. It will require dedication from you too--hope you can do it!

Good luck,
Dr. Jean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts