Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first cat 6 months ago, and a week ago got a second which is a 8 week old kitten. The cats had a very rough introduction ( a lot of hissing and attempts to scratch the other) but after a few days, they seemed to get along fine. A couple of times a day they will play fight until the small cat will make a hurt shreik and the big will lay off. I think they are playing just because the small one usually initiates it and goes back for more after the other has already hurt it (or almost hut it).

Anyways, the problem is that the new cat has had diarhea for the last couple of days, and is urinating on my bed instead of the litterbox. At first the cat had no problem urinating in the right place.

I have Iams Kitten dry food available at all times and was feeding large amounts of wet once or twice per day. Since the diarhea I have only given a small amount of wet food in the last 3 days. The diarhea hasn't seemed to go away and it didn't urinate on my bed yesterday so I don't know if I should wait or if I should bring it in to the vet.

Both cats are female, and neither of them have their shots or are spayed yet.

Please give me any suggestions you may have

Aaron

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Cute picture! Have you taken you cat to the vet yet? I would recommend getting them their needed shots too so you have one less thing to worry about. :wink:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the kitten to the vet, and he said he didnt think it had urinary tract infection. I got the young one the shots and deworm, and I will bring both in to the vet in 4 weeks.

He said the kitten urinating on my bed was a behavioural problem and I should just keep putting it in the litterbox.

I really hope it learns to pee in the right place soon!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Try placing that cat in the area with the litterbox with their food and water and don't let them out until they learn to use the box. Hopefully you can do that for a few days and it should do the trick. Also make sure you clean the soiled spots well b/c if they smell it they will come back.... :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Heres what i did to teach my cat to use the litter box..

Every 10-15 mins, i picked him up and sat him in the litter box, and i stood right there beside it and watched him for a few and if he did his thing in there, i would give him a soft cat nip treat :wink: worked like a charm..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts