Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7 year old male cat was fine until I brought another cat into the picture. Tucker was a fat cat that was seemingly healthy till I adopted Bean. They get along fine, they play, cuddle and co exist great. But Tucker has been getting thinner and thinner. We have not changed food at all, no change of litter or anything like that either. We dont have money to take him to the vet right now, but does anyone know if this is an emergency or if Tucker just has anxiety from Bean maybe? Please help!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
How long has it been since you adopted Bean?

What you describe reminds me of Feline Leukemia (I had two cats with that long long ago).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been about 7 months since we got Bean. Also Bean is normal weight and eating habits. His feces are also normal so I dont think he game him anything like a parasite. Do you happen to know how much any testing would be to see if Tucker is in danger?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi! Sorry about replying late, but what type of food are you feeding Bean and Tucker? Do you supervise them while you feed them? Do you think there is a possibility that Bean is stealing Tucker’s food? Since Tucker is a senior cat, it may be the age getting to him. I would try to feed Tucker some kitten wet food in addition to his normal diet just to add some extra calories and water to his diet. In the next two or so weeks, keep a close eye on him. If you think that he is still losing a lot of weight, I would contact the vet ASAP! Losing weight as such a old age is very dangerous and it can lead to serious health problems in the future. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
69 Posts
A vet may want to do blood tests, and if you call ahead they might be able to give you an idea of the cost of a visit and blood test. The vomiting and diarrhea are concerning and could cause dehydration, or worse. You can add warm water to his food to help hydrate him and maybe make his meal more appealing to him. I wish you luck with it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts