Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should be getting Cosette tomorrow evening (Which will be March 2nd around 6pm eastern time), so I'm very excited.
I'll be placing daily diary entries here about Cosette, how she's adapting, what she does, and etc.

No one has to read it, but, I do want to keep record of it, so I can always go back and read it to re-live some memories of her. :kittyturn

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It's great you want to keep a diary of your cat. Though I would suggest not doing it only on here...

I keep a diary for my ferals in WordPad. That way, I can access it (for updating or reference) even when the internet connection goes kaput. Maybe write it in your offline document first, then you could just copy/paste it in here and have both!
Better safe than sorry to lose everything if your ISP konks out, or something!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cosette is the kitty I should be getting today if the accept my application.
We're going to meet her around 5:30, and they'll either accept or deny my application on the spot... wish me luck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you, Nicole! I appreciate it. =D

Well, Digi.. actually, the foster parents came up with the name.
I'm just adopting her from the SPCA, and they already had a set name for her.
I found it to be a pretty creative name, and it's pronounced [kOH-zet], even though it doesn't look like it'd be pronounced that way.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Oh great! Pictures PLEASE! I'll be thinking of you (hopefully, if I remember) at around 6 today! Congrats!

Oh and Cosette is a great name. It's the name of the little girl (who thinks she's an orphan) in Les Misérables who sings "Castle on a Cloud". When she grows up, she's a little whiny in some peoples' opinion, but an adorable little girl.

Here are the English lyrics to the song she sings--if I had a cat named Cosette, I would sing this to her! The lyrics are, I think, very apt for a little kitty girl who wants a good home:
There is a castle on a cloud
I like to go there in my sleep
Aren't any floors for me to sweep
Not in my castle on a cloud.

There is a room that's full of toys
There are a hundred boys and girls
Nobody shouts or talks too loud
Not in my castle on a cloud.

There is a lady all in white
Holds me and sings a lullaby
She's nice to see, and she's soft to touch
She says: 'Cosette I love you very much.'