Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering.

My sister, BIL & I were planning to go to KMart for our flu season shot. My BIL called the store first & was told they never got the serum. My other sister, who has a heart condition and would be a priority for a shot, said her doctor never got any serum either. What's up with that? I never read anywhere that there was a shortage. Remember last year when everyone was in a panic because the serum got tainted? I definately remember reading sometime in August that there was plenty of serum for this year. :?: :?: :?:

·
Banned
12,194 Posts
I got a flu shot. There's plenty of vaccine available this year. But some locations didn't order enough, so there are spot shortages. I'd suggest checking around for flu clinics. Google your location plus "flu clinic."

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I got one, but I work at a hospital. I had to wait for the people who have contact with patients to get them, and then I got mine.
My husband got one at the Kroger pharmacy.
I would call around to some other places and ask if they have any...I haven't heard of any shortages.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Where I live, it has been very difficult for anyone not in a risk group to get a flu shot. Many doctors had to wait for weeks to receive their supply of vaccine. It seems that it has become available to more people in the last couple of weeks. However, most flu clinics are ending now that it's the end of November. :roll:

In my area, healthy people are actually being discouraged from getting a shot.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I work at a hospital but not direct care with the patients. I didn't get a flu shot because I thought that direct care staff and people who are more susceptible to it should get it first.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I didn't get one. I havn't had one since.... I think I was in 7th grade. And I havn't gotten the flue in a long time. :) I do have a really bad cold right now though lol.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
In the UK people have gone crazy trying to get it because some idiot on TV mentioned "bird flu" in the same sentance. I am meant to have it because I have asthma AND I work in a hospital but there are hardly any left...

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Nope, I'm not high priority, I'm leaving it for people who actually need it.

And coincidentally I now have what appears to be the flu...or a very nasty cold...lol...

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
No, and I don't plan to. I tend to avoid vaccinations of any kind, preferring to boost my immune system naturally. Like Crystal said, I want to leave the vaccine for those who really need it.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Nope but it was because I had a sinus infection at the time (already compromised immune system) so I didn't think it woudl be a good idea. ;)

I never did try again.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
My husband got one at work. They held a flu clinic at his office awhile back. Spouses were welcome to get one, also, but I work at home and would rather leave it for those who need it.

Of course I had a touch of the flu this week, but it's pretty much gone. That should take care of my illness this season. *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I won't get one. Not confident the lab would have made it right.

Here they made a whole retirement home sick from a bad batch a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I've never got one before. Maybe when I get back to the cold weather I will be wishing I did!

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
My school is offering a free shot today. However, I am currently sick with the flu, so I didn't get it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not me either!
I had a bad bout of bronchitis that ended up being pneumonia when I was in college and ended up getting a pneumovax at that time. I haven't had any sort of respiratory illness since! Although that was over 10 yrs ago now, so I'm probably not covered anymore.
I really should get a flu shot, I'm starting to grow the stuff now-2 strains so far. That's all I need, to infect myself! Although if I were to get the shot, I'm sure the strains they made it for this year aren't going to be anything I'm working with, that would be way to coincidental!

Jennifer

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I haven't got mine yet. I'd like to, but I understand there are shortages around here. I'm not overly concerned since I hardly get the flu as it is. I must have a decent immune system.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts