Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fireworks got rained out. Robin didn't mind all the firecrackers,but there's a quaint Youngstown custom on New Years and the 4th.

(CHUG,CHUG,CHUG)

C-L-I-C-K.

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
My mom is here this week so we attended my town's little Fourth of July parade. It's an anyone can join kind of thing so there were TONS of kids on their bicycles all decked out. Some Llamas, a few classic cars, a handful of local politicians, and the local Greyhound Association. It lasted all of 20 minutes.

We had a nice quiet lunch in town, walked through the Riverfront Park's Red,White,and Blues festival (10 booths of vendors, 5 of which were 'fair' food) while we listened to a blues band....

That was about it. LOL. LOTS of fireworks though, the neighborhood kids didn't settle down until well after 11 and MowMow spend the entire time racing from hiding spot to hiding spot. He was REALLY upset. Book spent the entire time hiding behind the toilet. Mow showed up in bed around 1:30 AM, he poked me in the face with his nose to alert me of his presence. Book was quicker. He crawled in about 12:30 and woke me up crawling on top of me.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds lovely! That's what we need,a parade where EVERYONE can join in! We have a rock station, 93 FM,The Wolf,that really brings some fun to the parade in Austintown. I love a parade!

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
We watched the Ocean Beach and Sea World fireworks from a neighbor's deck. I can see the Sea World fireworks every night, too.

There was a massive FAIL downtown on the Embarcadero. Because of a computer glitch, ALL the fireworks went off at once!!!!! We heard the boom, but didn't see it, it was kind of overcast.

Big Bay Boom turned into Big Bay Bust! At first, people didn't realize what happened, others seeing it from far away thought it was a finale. Lots of angry, ANGRY people, mostly tourists. A 17-minute show turned into about 20 seconds of eardrum piercing explosions.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool! :) You mean Seaworld has fireworks EVERY NIGHT?! That's the best way to see em, from your porch or deck! They used to set fireworks off from a field a block away. We'd hang out on the porch mingle with the crowd,it was such fun! Someone said that in California,the 4th is like Christmas...

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
We were quiet and VERY thankful that we had electric. There are still some places around here that still don't have electric a week after our big storm.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Here, the big night for fireworks is November 5th! It can actually be a bit of a nightmare for the animals.

I was in the USA for July 4th last year but I picked the wrong place to go for the night (Universal Studios) and there was nothing like the celebrations I was hoping for - I was told later that if I was going to go to a theme park, I should I have cosen Sea World???

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
No. It's Guy Fawkes NIGHT. Or Bonfire Night.

As only a complete idiot would try to blow something up in broad daylight.....

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Stayed home, had a couple friends over...the dogs had a play date and the humans ate some wicked awesome lobstas!

I think the fireworks/Boston Pops show in Boston had some problems too. I was watching the Macy's fireworks when they scrolled a message along the bottom of the screen saying they were evacuating the Esplanade because of thunderstorms. Sounded like it was going to be a bit of a mess.

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
I heard lobsters are available at unbelievably low prices right now, especially the soft shells.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
We watched the Ocean Beach and Sea World fireworks from a neighbor's deck. I can see the Sea World fireworks every night, too.

There was a massive FAIL downtown on the Embarcadero. Because of a computer glitch, ALL the fireworks went off at once!!!!! We heard the boom, but didn't see it, it was kind of overcast.
i saw this yesterday. admit it. you sabotaged the barge lol.

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
Yup, didn't want it outshining the OB fireworks. :grin:

You mean Seaworld has fireworks EVERY NIGHT?!
From 9:50-10:00 p.m. Catches me offguard most of the time. The girls are just now getting used to it. They're really close. At first, I thought it was my stupid neighbors....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts