Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my girl is a 5 year old torti domestic medium hair that I adopted from an animal shelter 3 years ago. Very skittish and afraid but is now my shadow - she is at my side almost constantly - when I am home, I work during the day.

I found this forum while looking for info on a couple of issues I am having with my cat. She is, at this moment, having 2 teeth extracted and I would like to know if anyone else has dealt with this and if they found the need to change food etc. My vet did recommend Hills but I am not a fan of that brand, I previously had a cat that was on their urinary health formula and he threw it up all the time. She loves her dry food, she is on Rachel Ray Nutrish, it was the only food besides Blue that she would eat other than Friskies or Purina. She will only eat wet food if it is mixed with warm water, she drinks the gravy but
will not eat the solid parts. Anyway sorry to be long winded but this is new to me and I want to make sure to do whats best for her.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
26,880 Posts
Cleo has had many teeth pulled. While wet food would be the best choice after having teeth pulled, will she eat her dry food with a little water mixed in to soften it? The only thing to remember about that is bacteria starts to form pretty quickly, so you can't leave it out for long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. She ended up with only one extraction thankfully. I did moisten her dry food with water but she would not eat it, she did eat some wet food but only because she is starving. I gave her two moist treats which she devoured - probably not the best idea but it didn't appear to hurt her to eat it.

·
Super Moderator
26,880 Posts
Sometimes the best food for your cat is what they'll actually eat.

Reactions: winnerguy

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
What form is the wet food that she eats. Pate or solid pieces?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Can you mash it up to a paste like consistency like creamy peanut butter so it doesn’t separate? I know it may seem crazy but I use a mortar and pestle on my pate cat food. It works. It comes out so smooth. If you decide to use this method get a brand new mortar and pestle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts