Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you might all know I have two Seal Point Siamese siblings, a boy and a girl, from the same litter. They are 15 weeks old now and seem to be fairly healthy and in good shape.

Sam is putting on weight and he's very muscular and sturdy. A great kitten with an open look and a curious mind. He eats well, drinks well and do his potty duties well. All in all a healthy cat.

Suzy was a bit thin when we got her, you could feel her bones and ribs clearly through the coat and she felt a bit thin. Now after almost 2 weeks staying here she's put on some weight too and she feels more defined and muscular. Also she doesn't feel as thin anymore. She also do all that Sam does, so she's a very healty cat too, even if she seem to have caught a cold, but getting better (less discharge from her eyes and nose).

The main difference between them are the quality of their coat. Sam seem to have a more rough feel to the coat, it's laying nice along side his body, but when you stroke it, it feels a bit more rough. Suzy's coat is so nice and soft and feels like silk.

Is there something I should worry about? They eat the same food and stuff like that, but they still have different quality in the coat. Both coats looks healthy and it's mainly the coat on the back that seems rough on Sam, the coat on his chest and tummy is as soft and cuddly as Suzy's.

Any ideas? Am I just silly and there can actually be diffrence between two siblings in quality?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I think that there is a difference between the quality of coats between siblings, just a genetical difference. With all other things being equal, that's the only thing I can think of. Unless grooming can affect a coat that much.. which I don't think that it can.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the grooming, it looks like Suzy might groom herself more than Sam, but then again, she also groom him, sort of help him with spots he can't reach, and he does the same for her (wich usually ends with them playing and nibbling at each other... they sure can play rough and then kiss and make up seconds later) :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
In my two cats who are brother and sister, the sister has always had a silky, softer coat. The brother's coat has always been more rough to the touch. :) Maybe it's a girl thing? ;) ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts