Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tobay it seems love to well, chase his tail, Nero's tail, Kyra's tail (dog) if it has a tail he likes to chase it. Bt his favorite tail to chase is his own.
Best of all, he gets ANGRY if he bites his own tail. he will look for the "culprit" find no one and go right back at it.

Next is he plays in his litter box like it was the best toy ever invented. I mean if we did not have an enclosed box there would be litter EVERYWHERE. And its not excessive covering or prep work either, we have watched him jump in, fling litter everywhere then jump out and run away.

Both behaviors leave us fairly confused. he has toys in the form of objects, people, and a dog and a cat, why these behaviors as well?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Some kittens and cats ts go through phases, where they'll do some behaviour for a while and then grow out of it. Like Tobay, cats can get pleasure digging and flinging litter, and it's just a form of play.

Sometimes chasing tails are as well, tho chasing and biting its own tail can be something called hyperesthesia.
Veterinary Topics: Hyperesthesia

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Malibu likes to chase and catch her own tail, but she doesn't bite it and look around for who did it ... though I have seen her bite it and then lick it in apology. I think she bites it more as a "hold still!" message than anything.

Marmalade 1996-2008 liked to play in the litterbox. He'd leap in and the 'sand' would fling and 'shuss' along the plastic sides. He'd spin to 'catch' the shussing noise, which would fling more sand and make more noise so he'd spin again to catch ... repeat several times until he'd shoot out of the litterbox at Rocket-butt Speed and try to entice other cats into a game of Wrestle-Chase.

I've come to the conclusion that cats are just borderline crazy with the things they decide are great fun to play with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts