Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if someone has already posted this question!

We have noticed that when Ophelia is eating she will scratch/dig the floor or table (wherever she is eating) usually after she has eaten but sometimes before.

What is she doing?! :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
Burying her food to cover her scent, or perhaps saving it for later. My kitten will cover her food with a towel if there is one under it, or just scratch at whatever surface her food is on to hide it.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I read once that a lot of cats do this. I can't remember what the reason was, but it was not something to be concerned about.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nothing serious

I have a few cats who do that (swimming thing) when they are drinking water. They rub their feet on the floor while drinking, almost like they are swimming in the water. I also have a cat who tries to cover the food, then she eats it. Yea, that's real strange. Think she's a little backward. HA!

·
Registered
637 Posts
My cat does this! It is the strangest thing. He paws the floor around his food bowl like he's in the kitty litter or something. He's so weird! :lol: But yes, I've heard he's trying to bury his food even though he doesn't even have his foot in the bowl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts