Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking to purchase a digital camera for my dad's birthday since he purchased his recent one almsot 5 yrs ago ..the one he really likes is the canon sd400 5.0 megapixels...ive looked around some places and the cheapest i found was 349 at circuit city...u guys know of anywhere else that might be less than that? so far thats the best since other places were 399.

·
Registered
241 Posts
mizzkitty said:
i was looking to purchase a digital camera for my dad's birthday since he purchased his recent one almsot 5 yrs ago ..the one he really likes is the canon sd400 5.0 megapixels...ive looked around some places and the cheapest i found was 349 at circuit city...u guys know of anywhere else that might be less than that? so far thats the best since other places were 399.
Canon are a very good brand for digital cameras.

One thing I would say is that anything much above 3 mpixels is hardly worth it unless you plan on zooming/cropping or blowing up your photographs to higher than, say, 10 x 8 inch. So other things like ease of use, features, battery life etc will be more important for most digital camera users.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
akiralx said:
One thing I would say is that anything much above 3 mpixels is hardly worth it unless you plan on zooming/cropping or blowing up your photographs to higher than, say, 10 x 8 inch.
IMO 5.0 is the minimum you would want if you're going to be making 8x10'' prints. Anything else might get spotty or look 'unprofessional'.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yep I agree - if the user is just going to look at the pictures on his PC or get smaller 'normal size' prints then about 3mp should be enough. I'm just aware of friends who do just that spending quite considerable sums on 8mp cameras which isn't really necessary.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Put the model number you are looking for in the search box in the upper left corner of the web page. Then click the GO button.

http://shopper.cnet.com/2001-1_9-0.html?tag=navtab

This will give you the current prices for the product you are looking for.

Ciao!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts