Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past few days, the area under our cat's nose has been discolored. At first I thought it was dirt, especially since it's darker at some times than others and is bigger at some times than others, but on closer examination it can be thicker than just dirt and seems more like some sort of dried discharge. I've tried rubbing it off, but it doesn't seem to make any difference and she doesn't allow that much contact. It's just a small area.

She both licks her front paws and rubs those over her face, including that area, and licks the area directly.

She hasn't been sneezing or bleeding or showing any symptoms.

Any idea what this might be?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Could be dried discharge...a vet check would be a good idea to make sure it's not something more serious, like a growth or something.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An ongoing discharge that dries seems the most likely explanation, as the area covered grows and shrinks. The color is in the brown/green family. It does not at all look like a growth.

I would have thought that a discharge that continues for a number of days would be part of a larger set of symptoms, such as sneezing or difficulty breathing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.