Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my cats onto that new Performatrin Ultra and they pretty much HATE it. However......this is a good thing. Now they BEG for wet food morning and night and pretty much all the time. So....this is a great way to kick their dry food habit! Magic never used to eat much wet food, he would "hold out" for dry food. Just thought I'd share my little achievment!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Well, that's a new one to add to the list :D If you want your cat off the dry food, buy dry food that tastes really bad! :lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just inquiring....does anyone know of a low carb dry food? I know Wellness is a low carb wet food, is the dry the same? My friend is getting a cat, and she can't afford to feed all wet. She knows nothing about food so I'm trying to educate her. We want her cat on a dry diet that won't make him fat. The cat is SO cute. He was attacked by something (they dont' know what), and his tail had to be amputated. Also, he has chips in his ears...but his ears are SO big and when he meows they kind of bend to the sides. I think he may have some Siamese, he talks A LOT and has big ears! He's a brown tabby and a year and a half old. She wanted a kitten but I convinced her to get him. So cute! I will post pictures for SURE, but for now...what should she feed him? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The diabetes diets (Hill's m/d and Purina DM) are the only "low carb" dry foods; they still contain twice as much carbs as wet food (15% compared to 7-8%), and of course they are very expensive. All other dry foods contain 30% or more carbs; some as much as 50%.

To minimize the health risks of dry food, don't leave it out all the time; feed in limited periods only. That way they don't munch day and night and get fat and all that stuff!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts