Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now bought and given away 4 different cat beds for Murphy. He didn't have more than a passing, one-time interest in them whatsoever. Instead, he likes . . .

A mushed-down couch cushion....

The middle of a blanket circle on the floor....

And the always popular box.....

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Nicole! We had a thread a while back about whether or not the white patches on orange cats always have a dot or splash of orange on them. I think they do, if I remember right. Murphy dot is on his paw, like you said.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Murphy is gorgeous! :)

We haven't bothered with cat beds, because I have a sneaking suspicion that our kittens will not even attempt to sleep in them. Much like Murphy, they have developed their own sleeping spots. ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
We have multiple cat beds. The expensive ones are ignored. Favorites ended up being the beanbag pillow, the cardboard box with the hole cut in the side, the paint bucket with the towel, and the barbie tent (50c from a garage sale), top shelf of the closet, and our bed. Cold nites we end up with all 6 cats claiming a spot in our bed. One of these days we will end up sleeping on the floor cause there is no room for us.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Murphy gets more handsome all the time. He is much too svelte for a cat bed made for just any cat. He has to choose his own! :)

We have probably more than a dozen cat beds all over the house. Different cats like different beds. One of the most popular is the flat checkerboard pattern one that is here on the desk next to the computer. As with real estate it's location location location!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Holly, the grandcat, stays with us when my son and his family are between army posts. In spite of the availability of a nice fleece bed, a fleece lined basket, and a nice soft, full-length window seat cover, she takes over a wooden serving tray on the porch. :p

·
Registered
422 Posts
He's adorable!

A few years ago I made Casie a nice cat bed, it was one of the dome ones and it took a lot of time and the fabric was quite a bit of money. What does she do? She sniffs it, uses it once or twice and then ignores it. I gave it to one of our employees and her chihuahua uses it more than the cat ever did. Thing is, Casie had more fun laying on the fabric and the patterns while we were cutting them(she always did, I never had a sewing lesson where Casie didn't lay in the most annoying places).

But Cherry is a bit different. She likes one of my blankets so if I put it in a basket, she'll lay there. She also lays in bed with scraps of fleece but I'm not buying her a bed unless it's cheap.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just before the first Winter that Midnight, the wild cat, was to spend under the porch, I made him a house. I took a new cardboard box, covered every surface with inch thick rigid foam insulation (double thickness on the floor), taped all the seams and covered the whole thing with a plastic garbage bag to make it air and water tight. Inside, through a 6-7 inch entrance, a fleece mattress and some fleece scraps. As I was sliding it under the porch ( in a corner that is protected from wind and weather) I was wondering how I would get him to use it, since it wasn't cold yet. I stood up, still thinking, and he went past me and into the house without any hesitation. Go figure. :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Murphy looks very cozy in his chosen sleeping spots. My girls also don't bother with cat beds. They love their cat trees and sleep in those more often than not, but they never use their cat beds.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Murphy is such a handsome man! :D Samantha is the only one who uses the cat beds all the time in our home. Alice and Rochelle are usually crammed away in a box somewhere, or in the clean laundry basket...its all about the sides.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts