Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw an advert for Iams cat food and the advert consisted of a talking cat saying how he was surprised to find that pouch food is 80% water and then realized that Iams dry food is made of only 8% water, which according to the talking cat is better for him because due to all the water in wet cat food its not as nutritionally good for a cat as the dry Iams cat food.

I was pretty surprised to see this, so correct me if I am wrong in thinking this is wrong?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
The rescue group I volunteer with won't feed Iams because at one point, they KILLED animals to test to see if the food was nutritionally sound... um... they couldn't do that with LIVING animals?

I dunno if Iams has changed their policy on testing nutrition or not, but we still don't get Iams. Stuff that is donated usually just sits in the closet at the shelter. Actually, I think we even just tell people now not to bother giving it to us, because we won't use it. Haven't seen any new stuff come in, in a while.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Oh I have a big moan about this advert EVERY time I see it. I just can't believe it- I shout at the tv.

I too would never feed IAMs- due to the 'incident' Vivid Dawn mentioned. If they can't keep animals in their own care safe, I'm not trusting their food with my cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.