Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missy has been in the habit of waking me in the early morning hours for food. But a couple of times (early hours of this morning for one) she's woken me apparently because she's lonely and wants a bit of petting. :?

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Cats... I don't know what to suggest, maybe put food out before bed? I'll keep for hours.

My disturbing trend is Blacky sleeping across my chest. Waking up and wondering what's pressing on your chest really throws you off, she's always slept on my legs.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
If you feed her or pet her, she will continue to wake you...she'll have you well trained in no time.

If you want to stop this behavior you need to ignore her...completely...don't even talk to her. Roll over pull the covers up and don't make a peep. Depending on how long this has been going on it could take a few nights to a couple weeks. But it will work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the same problem. Indy goes through the night with little fuss. Ozark has panic attacks or something because he wanders around the apartment with a distressed meow. He only shuts up when I call for him. He'll come running, get on the bed and shut up. I live with it but it drives my boyfriend insane if he stays over. I'd be curious what others recommend.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe he's jealous of the boyfriend. I'd get rid of him first (BF) and see if Ozark improves. LOL, (just teasing), B

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had to close my bedroom door. Hanx was insatiable, walking all over my and my boyfriend's head, legs, back, chest, meowing in our faces... for hours! He wasn't hungry, just wanted to play. This would be between 5:30-7:30 and my boyfriend would sometimes not get home from work until the wee hours soooo.... Poor kitty. Sometimes I feel bad and sleep on the couch cuddling with him. He doesn't bother me much on the couch for some reason.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I had to close my bedroom door. Hanx was insatiable, walking all over my and my boyfriend's head, legs, back, chest, meowing in our faces... for hours! He wasn't hungry, just wanted to play. This would be between 5:30-7:30 and my boyfriend would sometimes not get home from work until the wee hours soooo.... Poor kitty. Sometimes I feel bad and sleep on the couch cuddling with him. He doesn't bother me much on the couch for some reason.
That's because "Hanx" want you all to himself! "Boyfriend be damned", he says.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts