Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiiiii everyone! I've been a lurker lately, sorry - work is pretty insane these days. I have to admit I even forgot my CF password. How bad is that?!

Anyway, a quickie: T and L got in a playfight and now I notice one of L's whiskers had broken off. She now has a little one-inch whisker with a sharp end.

Will it grow out, fall out, stay that way, etc? Anyone know?

XOXO
Christine

PS - Tequila is now down to 15 lbs (from 20!) Horray!!!! :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
it will fall out eventually and grow back, just like the hairs on our head :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yep, it will grow out and be replaced by a new one :D
There was once that my Meatball somehow lost her eye whiskers (the "whisker" on top of the eyes) on one side, making her look quite silly. I was worried that she will stay that way forever, but they grow back pretty fast :)

PS: Congrats on the dieting progress!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yup, they grow back.

I find whiskers all over the place in my apartment. On the floor, on the bed, couch, etc.

The other day I was cutting mats out of a shelter cat's neck "ruff", and accidentally snipped off a couple whiskers. He looks sort of funny with a few sticking straight out and short, with another few longer and whispy.
He was trying to lick my hand that was holding the scissors...silly boy!

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I picked up my Savannah from the breeder his whiskers were just stubs. She wasn't sure if the mother groomed him so much or his brothers or sister chewed them off. They grew back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts