Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've notice, since I've had my new kitten that my other cat is alot more vocal. Could he be talking to the kitten? Just curious.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was just talking last night about how my cats don't ever meow to eachother. Most of the time it is to get my attention and sometimes they meow at the birds outside the window.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Sam calls on Suzy with a special meow and he calls on anyone of us with another call and Suzy doesn't seem to respond to that latter call, so I asume it's a communication. But usually they seem to communicate with their tail and ears and eyes, depending on how they move, to tell what mood they are in (playing, annoyed, tired etc).

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think mine do. They don't need to say as much as they do when talking to me! I think the language barrier means they talk louder and slower to me than to each other and they have abbreviated the normal interchanges with each other. I also think they talk more with me in part because I enjoy their 'talking' and encourage it.

I agree with CyberPet that their preferred method of communication is non-verbal, with me or with each other!

~Heather

1 - 6 of 6 Posts