Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont want my cat to be overly agressive, but hes only 7 months. when he goes near the older cats in the area, he seems to try and be friendly with them and all they do is hiss at him. my cat kitten just seems to run off, will he be like that when hes older or will he try fighting back. he seems to be agressive wen i play with him.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Don't play rough with him, especially with bare hands. If you do, he will learn that biting is fine, and he will learn to be aggressive with you.

As the newcomer in the area, he is a threat to the other cats and of course they will defend their territory. You might want to keep him indoors to prevent serious injuries later. If he isn't neutered, he will likely start to fight with them very soon.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks drjean, i heard alot about you on this forum, i had to cancel my cancel my appointment for my cat to get neuteured.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well... I don't think there's any canned answer. A male cat will most likely try fighting other cats when he reaches adulthood, to establish his territory. I know my parents' first cat went through years of catfights (though he was rarely ever touched, I think it was a lot of sound going on, not much substance) - and he was neutered at 6 months. Their other cat, also neutered at the same age, however, has never gotten into any fights that we know of - he's the biggest scardy-cat. He's afraid of everything, and is much more likely to come running in the house if another cat's around.

Errr, that didn't help much, did it. Sorry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts