Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually posted most of this elsewhere in response to another thread but I felt maybe it raised a question in its own right.

I'm not even sure about the cats not defending each other bit. Years back we had three cats - Princess Tramp who we still have, Trixie and Shadow. They were all indoor / outdoor cats. Although un-neutered on vet's advice because of his asthma, Shadow was very laid back and simply didn't get into fights. In fact he and another un-neutered tom belonging to a neighbour used to "hang-out" together a lot. There was another un-neutered tom who was a real bruiser - as tough as heck - a real thug. Shadow and Reggie would both disappear at the sight of him - until the day he had a go at the girls. The princess and Trixie were literally huddled together in a corner and I was on my way out to rescue them when a transformed Shadow launched himself into the fray. He was suddenly a wild cat and this was one of the most laid back cats I have ever had. The noise was unbelievable but in seconds the thug was running away. Shadow positively strutted up the path and straight to his girls where the three made a huge fuss of each other.

Even longer ago we had a massive black cat who was semi-feral and although he was neutered I admit he was more "macho" than Shadow. A dog went for our dog in the lane and the cat leapt from the garden wall onto the aggressor's back in support.

So, over to you. Have you ever known a cat "stick up" for aother creature or were mine just plain odd?!

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
My cat Lincoln REGULARLY intervened when Jonah was harrassing Calvin. Linc and Calvin were besties and Lincoln was NOT having it when Jonah pestered him. So yes--of course they do!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That mother was so stupid - not least picking the kid up and putting him in the line of fire when the child was safe enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts