Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tigger loves to be bathed and he sits on the side of the tub and meows for the water to be turned on so he can play in the water. is this normal

·
Registered
220 Posts
For some cats it is, (Turkish Van, for example) however, a cat liking water especially for taking a bath is not totally unheard of. Although, it is rare among the DSH cats.

·
Registered
220 Posts
He is a Domestic Short Hair cat (DSH). I have a few cats that I would love to bathe, but their character is adverse to being in water. Whenever I bathe (especially Mopsy, my all black, doll-faced Persian), I take her to the vets' to have it done. They have to anesthetize her in order to give her a bath. If you have a cat that already loves the water, count your blessings :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
My orange tabby loves to play with water, too.
As soon as I turn up the tap Luna sits beside me and wants to play with the water. She also often sits in the sink waiting for the water coming out of the tap.
My other cat hates water. She would never toy with the idea of playing with it.

G

·
0 Posts
Both of my babies are fascinated by the water faucet. They sit in the sink staring at it, and when I turn it on they try to drink out of it. You'd think they never have water in their bowls the way the carry on at the faucet!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ming loves the water. We spend most of our weekends from April - October at Lake of the Ozarks. We got her last July when she was 8 weeks old. We took her with us every time we went. Later in the season, we started taking her down to the docks. At the end of our dock are jet ski slips. She walked down there until all four of her paws were in the water and proceeded to drink water for 15 minutes with the water lapping at her belly. At that point, I told my husband "Let's take her out on the boat". She didn't seem to love moving in the boat, due to the wind. However, she loved sunning when we stopped. Unfortunately, due to her love of the water and her general curiousity, she fell overboard. We then knew she could "catpaddle". Glenn scooped her out and I figured she had learned not to get too close to the edge, but by later that afternoon she was snooping at the edge again. Can't wait to get down there again next month and see how Ming reacts now that she is 10 months old.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
cmaijer said:
Ming loves the water. We spend most of our weekends from April - October at Lake of the Ozarks. We got her last July when she was 8 weeks old. We took her with us every time we went. Later in the season, we started taking her down to the docks. At the end of our dock are jet ski slips. She walked down there until all four of her paws were in the water and proceeded to drink water for 15 minutes with the water lapping at her belly. At that point, I told my husband "Let's take her out on the boat". She didn't seem to love moving in the boat, due to the wind. However, she loved sunning when we stopped. Unfortunately, due to her love of the water and her general curiousity, she fell overboard. We then knew she could "catpaddle". Glenn scooped her out and I figured she had learned not to get too close to the edge, but by later that afternoon she was snooping at the edge again. Can't wait to get down there again next month and see how Ming reacts now that she is 10 months old.
Hehe its like having a little doggie there out on the boat....:)

My cats don't like the water at all and ever since I gave them a dreadful bath long time ago, they avoided waiting for me by the shower curtains now that I take showers. They are nowhere to be seen. :roll:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Our little 10-month old devil cat, which has lots of weird habbits, has as perhaps the weirdest, the (as I call it) "shower-begging". Whenever someone is in bathroom, she runs inside, stands under the shower, and begs us to let the water stream. Afterwards, she's stalking the drops and often gets under for a little shower.
Is that normal? Well, it's funnily weird, but I guess it's normal! :lol:

·
Registered
209 Posts
woody doesn't mind water, but my other two HATE it. giving reeko a bath is like trying to give a live chainsaw a bath :lol: lint just howls like he's dying, but he doesn't have any claws and can't do much about it.

when woody was a kitten, she liked to climb around the edge of the bathtub while i was bathing. she'd paw at the water and she loved it when i'd poke my hand out of the water and flick it at her. she'd go nuts trying to get my hand after i put it under the water :lol: she was a little clumsy too, she fell in quite often. she'd just sit there looking embarrassed until i put her back outside the tub.

lint and i used to have a little bath game too. he liked it when i'd run my hands down the shower curtain. he'd pounce on it and bat it around like crazy, sometimes falling in the tub in the process. that never went over so well with him though. he'd give me a dirty look like it was my fault, then run away to lick himself.

i miss the bath/kitty fun. my new apartment only has a shower stall, and the sound of the shower scares them :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts