Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just setup a homemade 'cat tree' for my cats and they manage to jump onto the lofts under the ceiling from this, which is a whole new world they love to investigate.

The problem is I have a ceiling fan which runs pretty much around the clock running less than a meter from the lofts. The cats seem wary of it but I'm concerned that they might try jumping onto it in a moment of madness.

What's the worst that you've heard of concerning cats and ceiling fans?

I'm wondering if I should reconsider my cat tree setup or barricade the portion of the loft near the fan just to be extra sure...

· Banned
442 Posts
No cat tree (yet) in my apartment, but when I've picked Shelly up so that her front legs are draped over my shoulder/upper arm, and I happen to be standing under the ceiling fan, she's tried swatting the little chain pulls. I'm a bit too short for her to reach them, however.

· Registered
3,682 Posts
:eek:fftopic
Book loves the dumb ceiling fan.

Before anyone freaks out and calls the ASPCA, the fan isn't going very fast, the shadow makes it look much faster. When I saw he was interested, I tested it with my fingers before letting him have at it. Of course, this all means i can't use my fan any faster than the lowest setting.....

Shepherd Book discovers the fan - YouTube
RLOL, MowMow! That music was the most perfect, hilarious one to go with the vid! Props for picking that tune, made my day, lol.:lol::thumb

· Premium Member
11,016 Posts
Great Vid of Book! Good choice of music! :thumbup::thumbup:

· Premium Member
11,016 Posts
I think it depends on the type of fan, the speed it's spinning, and how much of the cats body could be involved!
MowMow would never do anything to hurt her babies or cause harm!

As a General warning, yeah, I think it's good to have a "Warning" out there!
Because some people don't think everything through!! ;):D

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all (and great video MowMow!)

I'm planning to barricade the front part of the lofts so they can't tip-toe on the edge (which they have been, even though there's plenty of space up there).

Looks like there are some risks to reckon with but with 3 female cats in the house the extra room has really helped in giving them more personal space - one of the cats has already taken to sleeping up on the lofts hidden out of sight behind some old boxes!

· Premium Member
11,016 Posts
Mickeyandthecubs, it would be neat to see a picture of your loft area!

· Premium Member
11,016 Posts
Cat face, yeah that one definitely went wrong...
Glad the cat didn't get flung thru the glass window...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.