Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat Dub is a particularly pukey cat, she loves eating grass, and I know that's all normal. For the past week she has been sick daily, but this time it's all food. The thing is though, she's still her normal self, hungry at normal times, running around, playful and happy. I am torn about taking her to to the vet, as I know that they'll just say she's fine, like they always do, and I leave feeling like a crazy cat lady!

So, do I or don't I?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well, the best to do when in doubt is to go to the Vet. Even if something is not wrong, you shouldn't feel crazy, you did the right thing. It shows you love your cat, nothing crazy about that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why thank you, I did, and it's all fixed now, and the place was full of other crazy cat people, so it's all good! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know how old your kitty is, but sometimes when they get closer to the senior years they have a hard time digesting certain foods, especially dry food. My kitty Fred was getting sick everyday so I cut out his dry food. He was still getting sick and was eating Friskies canned. I switched him to Nutro and Iams and he hasn't thrown up since. You can try a food switch but always contact the vet if there is too much vomiting or the vomit is a reddish or dark yellow.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Jegga said:
Why thank you, I did, and it's all fixed now, and the place was full of other crazy cat people, so it's all good! :D
That's great! :D

"I'm a certified crazy cat person."

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The vet said it was probably a viral infection as I already treat Dub for hairballs with this malt paste stuff that she loves lots. She gave us some food for sensitive stomachs, just consists of rice and chicken basically, and gave us some antibiotics for the infection, and a shot for anti-nausea. She had to be starved for the first 24 hours, which was not much fun for anyone involved, but seems to have worked.

She's only 2, so I don't think it's due to age, but am feeding her less exciting biscuits now, in the hopes that won't irritate her tum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well hopefully fingers crossed Jegga that would have done the trick! :D
Cat's for me are like part of the family. As are any pets. And it is particularly worrying when one of them falls sick, just as it would be a member of the family. Get well soon Dub!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why thanks Gina's Fan...is Gina your cat?

Welcome to the forum, all animal lovers welcome :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya Jegga! Thank you for the response!
I love all animals of all size, shape or form!
No Ginas No1 Fan is a name I use as a good friend of mine is on a TV program here in the UK Called "The Salon". It has just finished its run but this is the name I used to support her on the official forum. Guess the name has just stuck with me now! :D

How's Dub doing now? Hope she is miles better and begining to eat and walk a little better!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, maybe you could get a cat and name it Gina, she'd be impressed with the gesture, if it's the tv show I'm thinking of, then she liked getting gifts from fans, and liked being followed :)

And yes, Dub's all better, thanks for asking!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts