Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandmother got a huge computer chair for her birthday Wednesday. I was too lazy to cut it down to proper size to put it out in the recycle so I made this.

The blue Cola box on the left is the entrance. Only large enough hole for him to fit through. Then on the right side the cardboard box that the litter came in is a "bedroom" for Riot lined with a blanket. Then beside the bedroom is a hole cut out and clear plastic taped over as well as on top for a window and light to get in. Hes got a crap load of toys in there and is currently in there going bonkers with everything. Even the dumbest of things will entertain a cat :)

As a joke, while I wasnt watching my sister wrote on top on the piece of box taped to the top, "KKK (Kitties Killing Kitties) meeting room"....sigh, younger sister always has to add the last touch lol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think that's great! Cats don't care what it costs us, they just like cool things to play in. Gotta love sisters, huh? LOL!

We always keep an eye out for 3 or 4 matching boxes at Sam's Club, the type that will stack and have a partial-opening in the front, to make kitty condos. I currently have one set that used to display socks, and one from Axe travel packs. It gives them individual cubby-holes to curl up in.

(Oh, in case anyone couldn't tell already, I don't care one bit about style or decorating, it's all for comfort and cats in my house, LOL!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awww.. thats cute. you gave me some ideas on what to make for my kitten to play in. i already have some boxes lined up already.

·
Registered
763 Posts
That's really cool! I love your creativity.

Cardboard Box Forts are popular around here too. Last year they had a Giant Box Fort that came from the washing machine. My apartment is tiny and the Giant Box Fort took up most of the living room but they loved it so I didn't mind. I cut holes in strategic spots and they all used it for playing and napping nd storing (hoarding?) toys.

But after about six months it started to get a ....gamy...smell and cardboard not being washable, I had to get rid of it. I felt bad!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I wanted to buy him a scratching post but wasnt liking the price. So my sister and I made him that. I when I put some extra money together am going to have my friend make me a post with carpet.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Somewhere I have a link that tells you how to make a 2 story castle (yes, looks like a castle, with a bit of extra cutting for the parapet on tops). I haven't gotten around to making one... mostly as you need really sturdy boxes for the top to hold the weight of a cat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts