Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never had two kittens. I was wondering if I needed to buy them each a bed or buy them a bigger bed so they sleep together? They are going to be litter mates.

·
Super Moderator
26,357 Posts
My girls rarely sleep apart, even 7 years later. You can buy them whatever you want, but they'll pick their sleeping places. :grin:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Littermates probably will :). I would get a regular one...to see if they will use it, when they get too big I would get another.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I didn't buy a "bed" for them at all. We got our kittens at @ 11 weeks (littermates) and sometimes they sleep together on my daughter's bed or on the cat tree and sometimes separately one on the bed, one under the bad or on different levels of the cat tree. One will take a nap on my lap and sometimes much later the other one will jump up and join in.

·
Registered
551 Posts
You can buy them whatever you want, but they'll pick their sleeping places. :grin:
Haha - so true! I have 4 cats plus fosters and they will sleep in any combination of snuggled with other cat(s) or alone. They sleep on dining room chairs, couches, the dogs bed, the shelving in my closet (dry clean only clothes are especially comfy), cat trees, my bed, flopped in the middle of the floor...

I would think that litter mates will likely snuggle together but they probably won't sleep at the same time or sleep snuggled 100% of the time.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I never had two kittens. I was wondering if I needed to buy them each a bed or buy them a bigger bed so they sleep together? They are going to be litter mates.
Even if it's a smaller bed, I'm sure they'll both try and fit into it if they so choose. So you might as well buy whichever cat bed YOU want - the cats will simply use it (or not) on their own accord ;)

·
Registered
8,980 Posts
Buy the bed and be sure to keep the plastic, box, or paper it came wrapped in...'cause THAT's where they'll wind up sleeping!

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Haha, for sure. My little Mystique sleeps on her single wide corrugated cardboard scratcher, hanging off the side and looking so uncomfortable lol. But she must be comfortable because she loves to sleep on that thing. I'm going to get her a double wide, at least that will be a bit better. :wink:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Our cat tree--one that Jingli Billis mentioned on this site when there was a sale. We had a cat before years ago and I bought her a cute rectangular pad covered in what looked like lamb's wool...and she didn't use it...With our new kittens, I decided to save the $$ toward more important things. They definitely find places to sleep including our laps :) If you get a cat bed, show us pictures...hopefully with your kittens in it.:2kitties

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will post pics as soon as I get my kittens. I guess I am still dreaming. I won't get them until Feb/mar. Finding it hard to wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts