Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm such an idiot sometimes. I had an empty Kleenex box that the twins were playing with, just knocking around, and I thought it would be more fun to put a noisy little ball inside. Well, Charlee thought it was wonderful and began batting it around inside the box. I went back in the bedroom to watch t.v. and heard the most terrible racket. I knew what it was right away and ran as fast as I could - Cali had put her head inside the box and was running around with it stuck on her. :( Poor little thing. Bad meowmie.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
:lol: I'm sorry, but that's too funny! I wish you could have gotten a photo of it.
Years ago, I had been eating some Pepperidge Farms Milano cookies. I went into the kitchen to do something and when I came back, my cat Twitch was walking around the couch with the cookie bag stuck on his head! I could barely get over to him to pull it off, I was laughing so hard. Poor kitty, it made a popping sound when I pulled it off! Thank goodness I was home or I hate to think what could have happened!

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She got over it in about 30 seconds. Poor little Cali. :( :D

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Am I bad for laughing at the image that evoked? :lol:

We like to toss empty beer boxes for the kitties to play with. Curly got himself almost entirely into a Newcastle Ale box and had a BLAST with it for abut three nights before it fell apart. Usually, if the kitties get their fat heads stuck in one of those big boxes, it falls off pretty easily.

I remember once, letting the cats play with a plastic bag and someone (The Wanderer?) got their head through the handle and took off running from the 'thing' that was chasing them. I was able to coax the kitty out from under the bed and I would cut the handles of plastic bags but now I only let them play with them (supervised) for a few minutes while I unload groceries and then the bags go in the trash.

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
Ya, the same thing happened to Rocket the night I experimented with putting treats inside an empty tissue box. I'm always looking for new ways to make treat time a challenge for them, but this one didn't work out too well. I nearly laughed my silly head off, poor cat. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I laughed too. :lol: Poor kitty probably won't do that again. I never thought of using klenex boxes as cat toys. I have a small dog kong. I wonder if my cats would like that. I could smear some cat food inside and stick a few treats in there as well as a little cat nip. Hmmm. Got my brain working now.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Aww, Marie, you're not a bad meowmie!

That was a funny image, though. :) Am I bad for grinning every time I think about poor lil' Cali with a bad ol' tissue box stuck on her cute widdle head? :oops:

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, not bad at all. She finally got it off right before I reached her by backing into the bottom half of her wicker condo. :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
LOL (sorry Cali!)

This reminds me of the time Milly came crying into the room because she got a mini packet of chips stuck on her head... lol she looked like Ned Kelly.

That was the last time I left one of those in the unlided bin!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts