Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask because there have been quite a few strange things that have happened since he passed.

The it started a couple of days after, I would hear strange noises on the stairs when my other cat was sitting next to me, she would hear it too. We were sitting in front of the fire place one evening having out nightly snuggle session when we heard a noise she went to investigate and stood at the living room door with all her tail bushy next thing I saw her head turn really quickly to the dinning room like she was looking at something moving fast and just as that happened I heard a noise in there like the one that Bob made when he would jump up on the table. I've heard other bits and pieces but I did get a bit freaked out when I was sitting on the phone the other day and just out of the corner of my eye, I swear I saw him walking into the living room to the dinning room, it couldn't have been tilly because she is not only mainly white (Bob was a mainly black cat) she was also upstairs in her bed (I checked). It happened to me again the other night. I was standing in the kitchen getting Tillys dinner ready when I had the feeling of being watched, I turned around and again out of the corner of my eye there was Bob, watching me getting dinner ready as he always did, but they are only very fleeting visits. I could sworn that I heard him miaow a few times, his vocalisations are completely different to Tillys.

While I have been writing this I've just heard another bump upstairs.

I know that I am missing him heaps and I know that the mind plays funny tricks on you sometimes, but I am very spiritual and I do believe that there is something else but weather a cat would come back, I don't know.

What worries me is that if it is him, does he realise the situation has changed and does he understand why I'm not petting or playing with him, does he know I am not deliberately ignoring him, it would brake my heart if he doesn't understand. If he does understand, he can visit all he wants but perhaps not of a night, I loved my mum too but it doesnt mean that I want her to pop up on my bed saying boo either.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I believe that they can visit you. Whether in fleeting glimpses, sounds, or even in your dreams. After Lil-Fella passed, I would hear his distinct meow from the bushes in front of our house, all the time. He used to hide in the bushes and meow at you when you walked past before coming out and follow you to the door. I've since moved away from home, but he still visits me in my dreams. And every so often I feel a warm weight on my legs, just where he used to sleep every night. I am half asleep and it seems so real to me, I wake up and find nothing there yet I can feel his presence all around me and it brings me great comfort. He watches over me, he loved me and he knows how much I miss him.

I think Bob is the same way. He is watching over you, he feels your hurt and wants to be with you, but he cannot for his spirit has been called to The Other Side. That won't stop him from visiting you, whether in these fleeting glimpses, in your dreams, or in your fond memories of him.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I've always found this cartoon very special in some aspects...

·
Registered
12,651 Posts
Yes. I believe they can/will/do come visit us, especially if we were/are feeling conflicted over their loss. Generally, that is when I feel my own pets have 'visited' me (typically in a dream) and after they visit I gradually lose the anxiety I felt over their loss and the visits decrease in frequency. I get the distinct impression they are visiting to tell me they are okay and I can stop feeling bad or guilty over their loss.

Most notable:
While our family was across the country visiting relatives, one of our barncats died. My sister (6yrs) and I (9yrs) were not told about this. When we returned home, after the 5hr flight and 1.5hr car-ride home, I recall getting out of the car and seeing Tootsie walk towards me with her tail in the air. I said "Hi, Toots" and continued into the house and went straight to bed. The next morning is when we were told that Tootsie had passed away while we were gone.
But. I. SAW. Her. in the entryway. I *know* I did.
She was the only tabby/white cat we had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts