Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We definitely do!! They are spoiled. For their first bithday in the summer we bought them a 6ft kitty condo. They absolutely love it. During Xmas time, we got them stockings and stuffed them with treats, mice, balls, and all sorts of cool toys. Tell me are there any other parents out there that spoil their babies?? :lol: :mrgreen: :p :D :lol: :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow, 6 ft? That's more like a kitty-mansion! Cats love Christmas time... all that wrapping paper and ribbon.

Homer won't play with anything I buy him. It has to be free for him to like it for some reason. His favorite toy in the world is paper. But not just any paper -- it has to come from the phonebook. It's so soft and crinkley. When he feels like playing he will go to the phone book and start scratching on it until I tear out a piece. Then I wad it up and he watches intently. I make 3-4 swishing noises and throw it down the hall. He's entertained endlessly by it.

He also loves shoestrings, bugs, and the little pull tabs that come off milk. But if I buy him something, he has absolutely no interest in it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Max is into the paper thing too, I don't know what it is but he loves to chase balls of paper. He is also into the pull strips, from frozen concentrated juice cans.

Ben's favourite toy is called a "Plazer", it's a low emitting laser light, he chases that around until he's out of gas. It's the best cat toy I have ever had, keeping in mind that Ben's eyesight is somewhat impaired.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Oh my, my cats love laser pointers too. They fly after them until they're out of breath. It’s the funniest thing in the world to watch. My cats also like going inside plastic or paper bags, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My cat Marmie also has more interest in not the toy, but the bag it came in :wink: .Cat nip stuffed toys are very popular when first bought, but seem to lose their potency after a bit and are relegated to the corner for only brief visits.

I agree about the laser pointer, Marmie just loves that, and will chase that little red light all over the place.

At the present time her favorite toy is something called the Cat Dancer, (no im not a salesman) it's a thin wire about 2and a half feet long with a group of 5 pellet sized pieces of durable cardboard at one end. When I wave this around, she goes crazy jumping after it and chasing it around the floor.
She'll play with it by herself when its hung off the wall also. Whenever some one accidently hits the wire, she'll immediatly stop whatever she's doing and sit under the wire and look at you ready to go again! We've worn out two.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Cattikus said:
At the present time her favorite toy is something called the Cat Dancer, (no im not a salesman) it's a thin wire about 2and a half feet long with a group of 5 pellet sized pieces of durable cardboard at one end. When I wave this around, she goes crazy jumping after it and chasing it around the floor.
She'll play with it by herself when its hung off the wall also. Whenever some one accidently hits the wire, she'll immediatly stop whatever she's doing and sit under the wire and look at you ready to go again! We've worn out two.
I have one of those too, Max tore the little cardboard rolls right off. I had sprayed them with concentrated catnip spray. It was one of his favourite toys. I should get another one.

·
Registered
177 Posts
koneko said:
I bought my cats a dwarf hamster. My cats love sitting on top of the cage and watching her.

- koneko
My youngest daughter used to have a guinea pig and Max would do everything he could to get into the same room. He would have devoured it if he had half a chance. It was tense but I didn't want to scold Max since it's only natural. I just kept her door closed and the cage on a tall plant stand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts