Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Yeah. I forget to take them to the lunchroom and wash them so I get all kinds of glassware on my desk.

Oh, that's not what you meant?

Seriously, no. I don't collect mugs. I have one favorite one that I use all the time (my Washington State University mug!).

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Bengal Cat, you're a perfect candidate for the Temperance League!

Blinkin' Cat. that's a neat hobby! The closest thing I have to a collection is miniature houses, some for Christmas, and others for candles. Please excuse Bengal Cat; he's not as bad as he seems.....he's much worse. :wink:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
*waves hands in the air*

I do!! I also buy mugs everywhere I go. :) If I get a chance I will take a picture of mine. :)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I looked at this thread because I'm sitting here with my morning coffee at work and I've just realised my mug is leaking. There's a little crack in it :eek:
I'll need a new one.. I'm sure you could spare me one form your lovely collection, Blinkin'? I really like the green one with the bears on it :D

seashell

·
Registered
465 Posts
Temperance Movement in America

The word temperance means avoiding overindulgence and under indulgence, a balanced and self-disciplined way of dealing with one's appetites. Since the early 19th century, however, temperance has been used to describe the total avoidance of drinking alcoholic beverages. Such total avoidance is the only recognized treatment of alcoholism. Even the records of ancient civilizations in China, Egypt, and Greece mention attempts to control drunkenness. Overindulgence was not considered a serious social problem because the known beverages were only beer and wine, drinks with a fairly low alcohol content. Distilled spirits commonly called hard liquor were not discovered until the 13th century.. By the 18th century intemperance had become a problem in much of Europe, and it is known from historical records that drinking to excess was quite common in the early

I tahotally agree hic !

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Bengal Cat said:
I cooolect sssshhhot glassshes hic !
:lol: My mom collects shot glasses too. But since I travel more often than she does, I usually end up buying them for her :roll: She'll get an Atlanta one to add to the collection in another month :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts