Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often dream about my cat's & everyone I tell think's I am crazy so thought I would ask here if I am alone in this & really am crazy or if these people just "don't get me" lol

I have alsorts's of dreams about my kitty's last night I dreamt that Meeca had 4 long haired pure black boy kitten's & I didn't wat to re home them but havent got the room to keep them ~ it was awful

sometimes I have happy dreams but mostly they are like nightmares, I read once that you live out your fears in your dreaMS TO STOP THEM FROM HAUNTING YOU WHILE AWAKE.....

the other night I dreamt that Tulah was full of worm's & as I was checkig her poop these worm's started to climb up the wall's errrrrggggg that was a pretty scary one

I could go on but really just wondered if any of you could relate to me on this lol

·
Registered
351 Posts
I usually don't remember my dreams when I wake up unless it is one that wakes me up....but now I know why I don't remember them...reading your post that is.

I guess our minds 'wander' when we dream so I suppose whatever is on your mind when you are awake will be the primary link to that nites' dream? But the neurons go this way and that way and you end up with worms crawling up the wall in your case...or being chased, falling, or whatever other situation the neuron links take us....hows that for psychobabble?

·
Registered
69 Posts
cat dreams

Hi Victoriax,

I also have dreams in which my cats are present.
Sometimes, it's just some normal dream in which one of my cats is there, and other times, it;s plain outright a dream about them.
Though I must say, most of my ''cat dreams'' are about the fears I have for them, such as escaping the house, falling out the windows, or one of them walking on the patio railing...ouch, I live on the 3rd floor!
I guess it's just my fears for them that I dream about.
As I am very carefull about the windows; they all have ''added security'' to the screens, so my cats wont push thru them, no cat is EVER outside on the patio without me being there to supervise.
I guess I just really love them very much and am worried they could get hurt or lost.

sandyrivers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I am the same I dream about my cat's getting out & lost & fallig out of the windows I also live on the 3rd floor ;)

I guess other's who don't understand & think we are crazy have just never loved anything as much as we do our baby's :) x

·
Registered
69 Posts
our cat dreams

Hi,

Btw, a good way to prevent your cats from falling out the windows is to staple chicken wire around the screen, I did that last year, just in case...
But still, the dreams persist!

sandyrivers

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well..... it pleases me to know I am not alone hehe :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
my cats are in a lot of my dreams both good and bad. I always thought if you dream about the people in your life why not pets? I find it unusual if someone with pets does not dream of them.

Now last night I dreamed about my cat Sherbert. I have been ill the last 2 days and last night he was here with me watching over me. I wasn't deep asleep I was aware of the fact I was dreaming and all my current kitties were piled around me but I was also aware of Sherbert here also. Funny thing there was also a dog, Sheba (border collie) watching me that I rescued from a bad situation when I was 16. She became my mom's dog for a few years before moving to her forever home. Yet for some reason she was in my dream also.

I am not sure why I woke up unsettled by this dream, but for some reason I am, maybe its me still feeling like crap though..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts