Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YES. I think I call my cats more by their nicknames than I do by their real names!
My boy Ivan gets called Boo Boo, Mr Boo, Boo Pie, Boo-ba, Mr Ivan Boo-pants, Schmookie Boo Boy... yeah, basically anything with Boo in it XD
Marilyn gets called Mow-Wow mostly, because of the way she yowls. She is also nicknamed Marileena, Miss Mowwie-Wowand Mari.
If I'm cuddling Ivan I'll say in a really silly baby voice: 'Hey-ow Mishta Boo Boo! Who's my little Boo Boo? Who's my little schoockums? Who's my Boo-Boy? YOU ARE! YES YOU ARE! YOU ARE!! I love my litte Boo Pie!!! YES I DO!!'
I say the same sort of things to Marilyn, even though she's deaf and can't hear me. Lol. Like... 'Hello Miss Mow-Wow!! Who's a gorgeous old girl? You are! YES YOU ARE!!
Yeah...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Casie's were Cas, Mew, Mew mew, Kitty, Kitty-Kitty, Baby and a few others.

Cherry's are Cher, Cherbear, Cherrybomb, Kitty-kitty, and a few others.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Constantly!

Evie is 'Mummy's little Eve-Weave', The Evie Weaver, Weavie Believie, Evie Believie, Evie Woo, Little Darling, Princess, 'Are you the most gorgeous girl in the whole world?', 'Are you Mummy's Little Princess? YOU ARE?! Mummy thought so'...

Mitzi is Moomin, Moom, Moo, Mitzi-Witz, Mitzi-Woo, Little Miss Mitzalot, 'Are you most cheeky/beautiful?', Mitzi McNoodle, Mitzi-Pants, Little Stinker...

They both get 'Puss in Boots' and 'Mittens' ('Have Mummy's girls got mittens on?!) as the are blue-mitted ragdolls and have the MOST gorgeous little white paws!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I'm not really inventive.

Mia is Miakins or Munchkin.

Fay is Faykins or Meepers, 'cause she says *meep* a lot.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Taboo is Boo,Boo-cat,Ghost kitty,and "SHUT UP IT'S FOUR IN THE FREAKING MORNING!!"*.Ellie my foster is Ellie Bellie Panellie.Harvey the dog is Harvard,Littlefoot,Poo,PooPoo,DARN DOG!.My parakeet Gavin is Gaveybird.

*By everyone if he decides to wake everyone up.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Some of my girls' nicknames should not be said around any babies. Or some adults.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Yeah, of course. My pets hardly ever hear their own name unless I'm yelling at them (not the right thing to do, I know)...

Blacky is Baby, or "Baby girl".
Blaze is Mouse or Monkey. Seriously, no idea why.
My dog Tara is called Puppy or Tarlet even though she's 10 years old.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
This is funny because my boyfriend and I were just discussing this very topic with our boss at lunch a few minutes ago. :p

We've gotten to the point where we joke that Apollo and Athena are simply their "vet names" or "outside names." Because we actually call them by those names so infrequently. We've taken to almost always calling them by their nicknames, to the point where we sometimes wonder if we should have just named them those, if not for the fact that they're just too silly. XD

We usually call Apollo "Gato," and Athena "Beepo."

Gato we got from some silly name we gave him early on. Eric wanted to name him AutoGato (gato is cat in spanish and my boyfriend likes random spanish words for some reason). And even though I turned it down, he stubbornly kept calling him that and it stuck. Athena is always sleepy when we get home from work, and Eric calls her a "Sleepo-beepo," and that eventually got shortened to "Beepo." It's a silly cute name that seems to fit her even though it's complete nonsense. Apparently my boyfriend likes rhymes.

I am relieved to hear I'm not the only one who uses their nicknames more than their real names. I always feel guilty that I gave them names I never actually use.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Let's see...Scooter is Scoota pie or just Pie or Pie Pie (hubby hates it when I call his cat pie.)
Opie is Opie dopey-do or just dopey 'cause he is.
Mickey is Mic-moo-meow, micmoo, or just meow.
Cinco is stinkco cause he's a stinker and it ryhmes.
Layla is the "Princess"
The dog Boomer is Boomie and boom-boom.
Petunia is Petunie and Toonie and toons.
I could go on but I won't.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Alice is our little turkey. Therefore, most of her nicknames have to do with that...Turkey, Turkey-giblets, Turkat, Turkey-girl. :roll:

Rochelle is usually Gorgeous, Diva-girl, Baby, Princess. She is all of those, and she knows it. :p

Samantha is usually just Sammy or Sammy-girl. But Sammypants, Butterball (because she looks like a Butterball turkey when she lays down! XD), Sammy-face, and Baby-girl are all used a lot too.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
His usually go with his moods/attitudes.

Sweet/SNuzzly = Pope Kitty Von Porkpatty
Will full/bad = Armando Escobar
Sassy/Playful = Sass A Frassin or Ishkabibble!

There's also KITTY! (I say that loudly in a childlike voice when I want to play and he gets all Sass A Frassin).

And Icky Poopoo Stinky Face when I'm cleaning up something gross he left behind..... that's most of them I think.

·
Registered
273 Posts
its funny that i was just thinking that i almost never call any of my guys and girls by their real name, including the ones in my feral colony.

pretty girl = sweetie
morriss = ba ba
mommie = angel
bootsie = cuty
limpy = big boy
blackie = honey

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Lily is Lily Poo or Lily Bit or Lily Marleen with the long long legs.
Harli is most often Harli Kit. But I do actually just call them by their names since the names are short. I call both of them Sweetie Pie and occasionally Sophie (my last cat's name)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have only 2 nicknames.
Colonel, if he is outside will come up to my truck when I come home from work. Many times I don't see him when I pull in. After I shut the truck off, gather up my my lunch box and other things, open the door I hear MEOW MEOW. He sometimes jumps up in the cab to greet me. I have called him "My Meower" for long time now.
This winter, he has put on some weight and I started calling him "My big Bufus." Don't know where it came from at all.

Onyx is my newest cat and I have yet to peg her with a nickname.

·
Banned
36 Posts
My youngest got us all calling Silver "Silvie" she can say r sounds but chooses to call him Silvie lol. He does the slow blink when she calls him that then kisses his shoulder. First thing she learned with him is he likes kisses just about anywhere but his head. I also call him Bub, sweetie, and mum baby.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Star-Pookie, Pookie Bear, Babyface, Li'l Pink Nose
Lucky-Shmoopy, Angelface, Li'l Pink Nose
Midnight-Moopy, Baby Girl, Princess, Princess Big Mouth

And when Smokey was still with us-Shmookie, Shmoo, Shmoo-Shmoo, Shmoo Boo.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just had to add this. It's funny.
Even my chickens can't escape the baby names.

Treacle - Treackie, Treacle Peakle, Treacle Tart, Treacle Pie, Treacle McPeakle
Beyonce (yes, really) - Diva, BB, Big Beautiful Girl, Single Lady, Single Chick
Pixie - Pixel Chick, Pixie Poop, Pixel Chickalow, Chick Pie (cruel, I know)
All of them get called 'my chickie pies'. Yes, I know what that means XD

·
Registered
117 Posts
Genie probably thinks her name is either kitty, jellybean or monster.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I am relieved to hear I'm not the only one who uses their nicknames more than their real names. I always feel guilty that I gave them names I never actually use.
Words out of my own mouth!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts