Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean the kind that you buy in packages in the grocery store (so fries and donuts don't count :D). And potato chips don't count either, since they contain only natural ingredients. :D

I don't buy a lot of processed foods, make almost everything from scratch, and generally eat pretty healthy stuff. But...I have a secret weakness for...cheetos (shhh!).

Yep. That gross, neon orange goop that sticks to your fingers? LOVE it. :eek:

Happily, I hardly ever indulge it. The last time was probably 5 or 6 years ago.

What about you?

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
OMG I love Cheetos!! And Fritos.

But I had microwave popcorn - Kettle Corn flavor - for the first time a few months ago, and now I can't get enough of it.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I used to have a 3 bag a day cheetos habit..... of course, that's probably also how I wound up having to lose 180lbs.....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Every once in a while I buy one of those dollar bags of Doritos...that's about as close as I come to the dark side in the junk food aisle.

As a whole-food loving vegetarian, I am not too proud to admit that though I've never eaten at a McDonald's or Burger King, I certainly am familiar with crunchy bean tacos at Taco Bell.

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Trader Joes makes a sesame seed snack cracker that are only about an inch long and kidney shaped. OMG, I can eat a whole bag in one sitting. What really makes my heart go pitter patter though, are WaWa's (a gas station/convenient store chain here) fresh baked coffee cakes.

Greenport ferals, I'm not a vegetarian, but I with you on the fast food thing. I HATE fast food restaurants - I stopped going 25 years ago. I prefer a nice bowl of soup (almost any kind will do) with extra veggies added and fresh spinach mixed in. That is a perfect lunch or dinner for me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I never buy Cheetos because I love them too. My biggest obsession is ice cream/gelato/froyo/etc. I try not to keep it in the house but my kids love it too, so it really isn't fair to deprive them because I am a maniac about it. It also doesn't help that within a 3 mile radius there are two gelato places, 4 froyo joints, and the best ice cream around.

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow I don't feel so alone anymore! ;) I'm surrounded by fellow Cheetos fans! I've never liked Cheez Doodles (or however it's spelled) though. Too puffy and not neon orange enough. Or maybe it's just the tiger with his sunglasses that attracts us cat people. :D

They must be the human equivalent to Fancy Feast. I'll have to stop making fun of my girls.

MowMow, did you actually lose 180 lbs.???? That sounds like a superhuman feat. :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am mourning Chester Cheetah, whom I bumped off tonight, after only 3 days. He lived only 3 days. :eek:

Good thing he has many clones. >:)

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Peeps! I always buy one package, every year. I eat one and only one. I give the rest to my son. Been doing that for years. I get so happy when I buy them. I like looking at them, they are so cute, wether the bunnies or the little birds. Usually get the pink ones. I think I am more enamored of the idea of Peeps than actually eating them. A little weird but it makes me happy! And I do love Cheetos too! I have t had them in years, maybe I will get a bag for old times sake!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Mambas for me. Can only ever find them at Dollar General. They come in a pack with 18 in them. Three flavors, six of each. Everytime i come across them i end up buying 5 or 6 since its so hard to find em xD i love em though. Mmm havent had any in awhile

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
I thought about this for a while, trying to see if there was any kind of food I really couldn't resist and came back with the answer... no. I like dessert but it's not something that's ever been an issue of eating a whole bag or something. In fact my Halloween candy from when I was a kid may still be sitting around here somewhere. :lol: (ok, I hope not... but it did sit around for years.) I have a bunch of candy/chocoalte sitting beside my computer in my room in a cubby and it goes untouched unless someone else in the house wants some. I wish people wouldn't buy it for me, it just gets added to the pile.

The closest I can think to eating something in excess is popcorn. But it's sort of healthy? I don't use salt or very much butter, actually usually I use margarine.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Warm...slightly...gooey...Brownies!

·
Premium Member
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to Target today to buy paper products and overheard a mom say to her kid "No, you can't have Cheetos. They're bad for you."

Cheetos? someone mentioned Cheetos? No...the cart is headed towards snack aisle. Cheetos are on sale, 2 bags for $5. No....gah! 2 bags in the cart.

If someone is trying to test my self-discipline and self-control, there's really no need. I give up in advance. :D

BrittyBear, what are mambas? I've never heard of them.

Carmel, popcorn definitely doesn't count. But I was talking only about indulging in a food that you know is bad for you. if we're talking about just generally eating things in excess, well, that would be just about every food for me. :p No. Self. Control.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Junk food, no. BREAD.

Home made sour dough amazing bread. I baked my first loaf in months yesterday...half gone and the bf hasn't even touched it. Bread for breakfast, bread for lunch, bread for tomorrow breakfast. Yum.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Mambas mmm. Fruity chews. Sooo much better than those dumb starbursts they came out with. I love them. All my sibs love them. My aunt and mom even eat some when i get them. They have orange, strawberry, lemon, and raspberry flavors xD you usually get 3 flavors per pack, you never know which 3. They do sell the 4 flavor packs though. I'm not much into chocolate bars and the such. But i'm always in the mood for mambas. ^_^

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love chocolate and don't care what kind milk, bitter and dark. If it is chocolate I will eat it!!

Will power - definately have none

MowMow - hats off to you for the 180#

1 - 18 of 18 Posts