Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about something -

My Tuffy follows me everywhere I go - and I do mean everywhere (in the house of course) Even at night, if I wake up to go to the bathroom, he hops off the bed and follows, sits til I'm done all the while looking at me like as if to say 'hurry up already so we can get back to bed' and then goes back to bed with me. When I get home from work he is on my heels - everything I do. Preparing meals, he is right there laying on the counter watching me work, TRYING to taste ha! He also talks to me the entire time, while doing dishes - he sits above the sink on a lil ledge and bats at the water. I took a bubble bath the other night and I thought he was going to join me but he settled with just batting at the bubbles and then running like a mad kitty when one burst on his nose - hahahh! He is pure entertainment no doubt about it.

So my question is - are all cats this involved in their 'humans' life?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Teddy likes to "tail" me (Pun definately intended ;) ) Unless he is especially comfortable or warm he almost always follows me around the house.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Oh yeah, Murphy is an absolute shadow. My personal favorite is when he darts in front of me on the stairs, usually when I'm carrying a big laundry basket, and STOPS. I swear, you've got to really be careful on stairs with kitties stalking you right and left.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Yup. I have two extra actually. Samantha and Alice seem to take turns following me around the house...one (or both!) of them is always there when I look. Samantha just follows slowly and flops down wherever I end up stopping. Alice tries to run around my feet and rub on my legs, and I can't even go to the bathroom in peace, because she jumps in my lap and just stands there on my legs with her tail flipping in my face, lol. But I do love my fuzzy shadows...they never get too underfoot for me. :)

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Mow follows me everywhere as well. He sits on his dishtowel while I cook and helps me by swatting spice bottles onto the floor. When I'm crafting at my drafting table he lays on the window sill and swats supplies onto the floor. When I'm on the computer he lays on the back of my chair and sleeps or plays with my hair. If I'm in the bathroom he's sitting on the vanity next to me offering moral support and knocking stuff onto the floor. If I'm showering/in the bath he's on the side of the tub making sure Norman Bates isn't sneaking up on me and knocking shampoo bottles onto the floor. When I eat he sits on the chair next to me and watches. At bed time he lays so I use him as a pillow and he buries his head in my hand. Lol. I'm never alone and I don't thimk he stays far enough away to be a shadow.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Kenji is what like to call my cat dog he is always behind me and follows my every were even the bathroom and if i don't let him in the bathroom he waits by the door or acts like a kid and sticks his paw under the door i guess his way saying what you doing can i see.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have 4 shadows.

Izzy and Phil follow me from room to room, but I never really see it happening. They're just always in the same room as me.

Miso and Cody, however, follow me very closely everywhere I go. So closely that I basically trip over both of them every time I move. Cody even follows me in to the shower! The other 3 sit on the edge of the tub and wait for me, but he hops right in and plays with the water.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Egypt follows me everywhere...

and since Egypt and Lacey are best friends, I end up with two shadows most of the time. Even when I am in the shower, at the very least, Egypt is at the edge of the tub being a little voyeur :oops: .

When it's feeding time though or they feel it should be feeding time, then Azalia also joins in and I have 3 shadows.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Both of my girls follow me around all over the place, and Muffs jumps into the shower stall when I'm finished (but not while the water's running!). Abby is the same as Tuffy...if I get up at night to go to the bathroom, she follows me. I have to be very careful to avoid stepping on her in the dark!

·
Registered
33 Posts
My shadow is my dog. In fact, while he was at the humane society, that's what they named him because he follows any leader all the time.

My cats only follow me when they are hungry, or if I'm in the bathroom using my "litter box" or taking a bath.. or even taking a shower!

All of these shadows are most problematic at night, especially since the cats are both dark, and my floor is black. I'm surprised I haven't stepped on them/smooshed them to death or that they haven't caused me to break my back. They all really love to walk in front of/on top of my feet.:eek:rcat

·
Registered
858 Posts
Mow follows me everywhere as well. He sits on his dishtowel while I cook and helps me by swatting spice bottles onto the floor. When I'm crafting at my drafting table he lays on the window sill and swats supplies onto the floor. When I'm on the computer he lays on the back of my chair and sleeps or plays with my hair. If I'm in the bathroom he's sitting on the vanity next to me offering moral support and knocking stuff onto the floor. If I'm showering/in the bath he's on the side of the tub making sure Norman Bates isn't sneaking up on me and knocking shampoo bottles onto the floor. When I eat he sits on the chair next to me and watches. At bed time he lays so I use him as a pillow and he buries his head in my hand. Lol. I'm never alone and I don't thimk he stays far enough away to be a shadow.
Mow I love the way you write, you are hysterical. And yes I always have one of the kitties right on my heels but Big Tom he's the one. I can just shuffle my feet and he's got his head up ready for anything. On a serious note I'm afraid I'm going to trip over one of them. I had a serious fall about two years ago, if I fall again man it's gonna be bad.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Gracie is one of those 'shadow' cats, for sure :D! No matter what you are doing, she silently appears and parks herself nearby to watch. She's a regular at the edge of the tub when I take a bath, watching the tub fill and drinking from a cup I fill for her. She seems to like hot water.

The kitchen is the absolute magnet! Day or night, if we walk into the kitchen - there she is. The cutest is in the late afternoon when she comes staggering into the kitchen yawning and blinking from her midday nap...:love2

:) Fran

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Jan Rebecca, my Orlando does the same thing yours does in the middle of the night. If I should get into the bathroom and close the door before he is in, he sits outside the door yelling "Ow" until I come out.
This evening I have been in the family room reading with Gabe, Tweezer and Scottie near by and RayRay in my lap. They then came in to the kitchen with me to make sure the lunch I was packing for my husband was OK and now they are with me in the study. Gabe in my lap this time. In a little bit we will all go up to bed together.
What would we do without such devotion!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts