• No, I hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Pumpkin pie

I love it, but people don't make it much over here.
My Gran used to make a great pumkin pie, but she had lived in the US for 10 years and she picked up some great recipes whilst there.
I tried to make one last year, but it turned out all wrong :(
I'm not a great pastry cook :evil:

seashell

·
Registered
282 Posts
Neither Have I, although it doesn't sound too nice! What does it taste like?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin yogurt (TCBY) and especially pumpkin Julius! They are only available a few weeks in November, then you have to wait 'til the next year. Has anyone else ever tried one?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Love pumkin pie.....I have many wonderful memories of spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with family over my grandmothers house. Walking in the door and smelling the turkey roasting in the oven. The aroma of all the spices and pies filled her house. She use to make a delicious pumkin pie and another pie that Ive never seen any where else called spanish cream pie, man is was to die for. I never use to eat it other than holidays though. it was something to look forward to and I think if I ate it randomly during the year it would have spoiled how special it was. Thats one of the things I hate about modern technology everything is so easily availible and accessable. I use to look forward as a child to all the seasonal movies and tv specials that were only on during that particular season. Wizard or Oz, Christmas Story, A Christmas Carol, Rudolph, ect. Now kids watch it all year round on DVD or VHS. Kind of spoils it I think.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I like pumpkin, but I like sweet potato pie slightly better. My grandma gave mer her recipe for her sweet potato pie and I made it and it tasted just like grandma's! I was so proud! 8) :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's a little too gelatin-y and cold for me. I will eat it, but only around Thanksgiving, and usually only one slice.

I'm not sure how to describe the flavor to those of you who haven't ever had it - it has a lot of spices in it, like nutmeg, which are a huge part of the flavor and smell, but the pumpkin (or squash, which some people use) gives it a richer, mildly sweet flavor.

I'm much prefer chocolate and am making a chocolate/rice crispies pie this year ((drooling)).

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Oh man I love pumpkin pie. I could eat it anytime, any place. I go without whip cream on it, while that's what most people go for.

·
Registered
709 Posts
pumkin pie

Oh my!! I love pumpkin pie!!!!!!! I don't know how anyone could NOT like it....but of course if you've never had homemade pumpkin pie...store bought is kinda really gross...too artificial! blah! :p

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I like pumpkin pie, especially around the holidays. I get tons of compliments on mine, so I have become the official pie maker for both my family and my husband's family.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Sam!! How's my little sister?

I really enjoy the smell of pumpkin pies baking in the oven. And when Thanksgiving dinner is over, I will eat a small piece. And that is enough until the next Thanksgiving dinner.

Peace,
Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts