Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I defiantly do. My reasons also for leaving my senior school right near the end of the entire 'finsih' year 11 or the 11th grade or what ever. I was considering leaving. I had been getting along there fine. Its not all to do with the 'Erin' problem, I started to find that I was alot different from my friends around me. GUY wise. This thread may sound really stupid, I just wanted to get this off my chest. You of course can share yours when I atually get to the point of the thread LOL. I'm good friends with all the girls in my class, I get along with them great. The other guys don't seem that intersted in them O_O One of the 'gals' asked all the guys how much they talk about girls, when they came to me before I could say anything they said "always!!" and moved on LOL. Some of they guys **** yeah they talk about girls.. Theres always the odd ones out though. Yes not me for once. There are even more differances, I'm more of the 'reble' and bad guy, I'm really just a pushover. LOL I know everyone has there different personalitys, I just feel I'm just out of there legue. O_O Its porberly me just getting it wrong. But have any of you noticed how different you are to your friends?? Well I sure have O_O

·
Registered
337 Posts
hmmm in high school and 6th form i didnt really have any mates. i was the small weedy geeky girl who liked metal music and had a penchant for bikes. i really didnt fit in. was the opposite to everything thats 'normal' (i dont belive anyone is normal). plus my cat was my best mate and i wasnt scared to say so... i sucked big time. i see a few of them out now and lets just say most the girls ended up pregnant at 16, smoking , drinking and living of there parents and benefits. and someof the lads or banged up or serious druggies, yobs or just plain trouble. I laugh at them. i laugh at them all. Long and loud. MWAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

as for my mates now.... well i always have at least one thing in common with them. be it music, bikes, animals or tv... but we all get along and differences make us unique and i love each and every one of them for there little quirks and bad habits.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Man do I NOTICE a difference!! HECK YEAH!! They are all like old and smelly and stuff! :lol: :lol: Oh and let's not forget fat and ugly too. They are NOTHING like me,....... strong, handsome, thin, well built and smelling like rose water. :lol:

·
Registered
997 Posts
:lol: :lol: ..........Did I mention I have on my waders?! :lol:

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
lol on the Clint-o-meter!!

I wouldn't worry about fitting in honestly -- when I was in high school I had a few close friends but I was just everyone's friend -- friendly to all for the most part. It just makes life easier. Each group had their own styles and stuff, and no I didn't fit into that...but I was okay with that. Just think, in a year you'll graduate and you won't see most of those people ever again, except maybe for class get-togethers. I keep in touch with about 10 people from high school, and that's it...so enjoy your time, just be a friend to all, and don't get too hung up on fitting in. If you're comfortable with who YOU are, others will think you're pretty cool...and maybe want to fit in with YOU. :wink:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
high school is a harsh place. I was never very popular. I had a few close friends. I was a bit shy and always very sweet which didn't get you the popular vote at my school. I hated the cliques. There is just too much pressure for you to be somethign you are not. I have a few friends now that I went to high school with that I was never friends with then because of clique pressure. now that they are free they are totally different people. You only have another year to go! hang in there!

that B.S. meter is the funniest thing I have seen all day!! Thanks for the laugh!!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Adults often tell high school students that they're going through the best years of their lives. What nonsense, and what a great way to make a teenager upset and depressed.

For most of us, those high school years are difficult and painful. They were certainly the worst years of my own life. Things improved as soon as I'd graduated, and I've enjoyed my life ever since then.

I should mention that I wasn't ugly, weird, or unpopular. I was a tall, thin cheerleader, had good friends, and got asked out by plenty of boys. None of those things made the experience any easier. I've never been to a high school reunion, simply because I have no interest in revisiting that period of my life.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
PrimoBabe said:
Adults often tell high school students that they're going through the best years of their lives. What nonsense, and what a great way to make a teenager upset and depressed.

For most of us, those high school years are difficult and painful. They were certainly the worst years of my own life. Things improved as soon as I'd graduated, and I've enjoyed my life ever since then.

I should mention that I wasn't ugly, weird, or unpopular. I was a tall, thin cheerleader, had good friends, and got asked out by plenty of boys. None of those things made the experience any easier. I've never been to a high school reunion, simply because I have no interest in revisiting that period of my life.
AGREED!!! During high school you're under your parents' rule, constantly told what you can and can't do, can't drive for the most part (and when you can you're limited to when and what you can drive), make little to no money at part-time jobs that suck, have to deal with fakeness from all people...oh man, the list goes on and on...

I would NEVER EVER go back to that time in my life!

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
To steal from Dickens, "It was the best of times; it was the worst of times." I got a lot of honors, but my interests were classical music, drama, and I enjoyed learning. I was one of the "good girls,' so the nicest girls liked me, but I was not popular in the classic sense. It was a great place to learn where my career should go, stage presence, learn how to deal with boys, and how to stand by my principles. The "wild" group smoking in the restrooms and laughing at the "good" girls would suddenly get quiet when I walked in. But I had to consider the source.

·
Registered
572 Posts
In high school I really only had one real friend and one other I'd call a friend. I was friendly, but quiet and just didn't fit it.

My best friend in High School and I were VERY close. But now (8 years after graduation) we're still friends, but not anywhere near as close. And I wouldn't call her my best friend anymore. We'd be there for each other if need be, sure, but we're just two different people. We've grown and gone on different life paths.

Now my two best friends and I are very similar. I'm still friends with my friend from high school, but she and I are complete opposites.

In high school I always thought it was just a time to get through until my life began. And I still feel that way. My high school days were very hard, not just in school but that time of my life period. There's no way in heck I'd want to return. My life now, even with the curve balls thrown at it, is so muich better. And the friends I have now are so much more what I need in friends. I'm not someone that has tons of friends, I'd rather have a few close ones. But I still have many more friends now than I did in high school and my best friends now I just feel more at ease with.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've gone through a lot of friends in my life. Some have stayed awesome and I'm still friends with them, some I had to let go 'cause they were bad for me.

My best friend in the entire world is Tara, we've been friends since we were toddlers and not even a 15 year seperation with me living in SF and her living in Cleckheaton could break that bond. Same with Artec and Kyla and Ryan. I made awesome true friends from HSU who've been there for me. But there were people who were good friends for a while but then they changed: Samantha, S'kessa, Liz and 'the coward who shall not be named'.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ive been in the same group since grade 8, and i loved it because we where all so different from eachother which made things interesting. We had the sl*t, *****, goodie goodie, pom, wacko and nerd. But as soon as year 11 hit everyone went their separate ways and joined their own groups that where more like them. So ive been left all on my own, its been hard because my best friend left the school aswell so i have nobody at school to sit with at the moment. Ive been a bit down about it because i feel like such a loner yah know, and i try to go sit with people but i feel they dont want me there. But ah well, im used to it, stoopid school life cant wait till im finished!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts