Cat Forum banner

Do you own a purebred?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many people here do. All of mine were strays or feral, so I don't have any purebreds.

If you do, post here and say what breed!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
My cats i currently have are indoor/outdoor- they come and go as they please thru the catflap.
I one day really want a mainecoon, but it would obviously have to be kept indoors, and it would be inposible to turn my current cats to indoors so i will wait. Either until they grow old :( or i win the lottery, hopefully the latter :D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have two Devon Rex-females and one black moggie-girl. They are all adorable. I also have red and white moggie male but he stayed with my mother when I moved away many years ago. He wants to wander in the forests and I couldn't offer that to him at my new place.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have one Siamese. My other kitten is not purebred....but he's really cute!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have many Persians and Exotics. I have never owned a Domestic Cat. :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Jessica said:
I have a Persian but he was a rescue.
Argh, if you have a Persian, where are the pictures??

Angel is a rescue kitty. I sometimes find it hard to believe that anybody could "uinload" a fine, little girl like this, but I am sure thankful that they did. Their loss was my gain, a thousand-fold and more...

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had always had strays or "free kittens to good homes" cats and loved each and every one. I had been catless for several years after the death of a much lived kitty. When my dachshund, Claire, died at 17, I decided that I would satisfy my yen for a purebred cat "just once in my life" :wink: .

I read about various cat breeds, looking for the perfect match. I ended up with and Oriental Shorthair. What a wonderful personality! Yoda is now 8 years old--a male, cream with tabby ticking. Loving, playful, companionable, affectionate. I don't suppose I'll ever be happy without an Oriental Shorthair again :oops: .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an Oriental Shorthair - and 8 year old male, Yoda. What a wonderful personality! Affectionate, companionable, playful. I'm afraid I'll never be content without one of these delightful cats.

Edited: Oh, dear. Please accept my apologies for the double post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
One of my four is a champagne mink Tonkinese. We got her from a breeder in Hollis, NH...which is appropriate since she likes to "holler" -- it's her Siamese half, I guess. >>>>>

1 - 20 of 54 Posts