Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hubby and I just moved into an apartment, just our luck there are a few spots on the floor by the sliding glass door that smell badly of dog pee.

I am in the process of trying to get the smell out myself... (don't really have any place to take the cats for the 48 hours the apartment complex said they would need to do "carpet treatments".). In the meantime, do you all think the cats will try to "mark their territory" in that area? They have been there for 2 days so far, and the only thing we noticed was Cheeks kinda rolling around there... but he only did it once and hasn't done it since. (That was really the way we concluded where the smell was coming from, so it worked out even though it was gross).

And... does anyone have any ideas for getting the smell out for good? Like I said, it is dog pee, not cat. They have been there for 2 days so far, and gone only in their boxes. I'm a bit angry that the complex didn't fix that originally, considering they knew we had animals coming with us.

Thanks in advance for the help guys!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Although I hope your pee smell has been taken care of, thought I'd throw my two cents in for future reference. If the stinky item can withstand bleach and rinsing, I think that's the best treatment of all to get rid of the smell. My urine/poo arsenal includes botanical Pure Ayre for spot treatment, fabrics and furniture (actually kills cat pee odor and works much better than Nature's Miracle, StinkFree, and UrineOut IMHO). To disinfect I primarily use Benefect (also botanical) or sometimes PureGreen24 (silver ion).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts