• Several times a year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always get strange looks when I walk my cat in the park here in Central Park, NYC.
I was just wondering how many of you actually do walk your little bundl's of luv.

·
Registered
192 Posts
never. i'm a clean freak and the reason i wanted a cat was to have a nice clean companion that wouldn't have to be walked or be exposed to the outdoors. plus i hate worrying about dirt on their paws and fleas, etc

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
.My cats go outside on their harnesses everyday and I attach them to the clothesline. If you can include the walking to the yard and back to the house again a walk, it would be at least 5 times a week :lol: .

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I did walk my cats a few times when I first got them the harness but now I haven't taken them out for awhile. It's been raining or scorching hot and Twinkie keeps getting twigs stuck to his belly. I will try again soon once everythings settled down with my schoolwork. 8)

Btw, I don't really walk them, I put them in front of my house or my neighbors and then they start going to my front door automatically. If not they lie on the sidewalk, barely moving. That is all the walking they do :!:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used to walk my kittens around the back garden when they were younger. They run around off lead now, but supervised. Though when they are particularly desperate to go outside Ferdy will go to the dresser drawer where they're kept and pull them out and drag them over to me. Bella comes over and waits to be harnessed up, just like my dog does. :roll: How can I *not* take them out after that clever little ploy?? :lol:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Mine all LOVE their walks (leashes and harnesses) around our cul-de-sac. Mozart trots down the sidewalk with his tail high in the air like he owns the place.

We get strange looks, sometimes comments too. Most people can only associate dogs with leashes, but not cats at all. "It's just SO weird!" :roll:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
We have two nice parks just nearby, so I'd love to get Sam and Suzy to feel some grass between their toes. But at what age is it good to start? Now they grow fast, but I asume I have to get them used to a harness of some sort first. Don't want two kittens on the run!

·
Registered
96 Posts
How to get him to walk?

I bought a harness and lead in hope of some great adventure for him but polo doesn't like to be walked. Which is understandable since he's not a dog. He crouches down low and keeps sniffing at everything for ages and then takes a step forward after a minute or so. It is *impossible* to get him to walk with me. Any training ideas or tips?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I cant really vote as my cats are free to go out when they want. They have access to the catflap and so come and go as they please.

On that note tho in the rugby fields behind our house ive played with butch, screech and smeagle. they walk around the field with me, then when i come home they run ahead of me while I run, wait till I get close, stop then run like a nutter again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts