Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the most part, my cats eat canned Weruva food and frankenprey. They have done wonderfully on this diet for over a year now. However, Lacey has an obsession with chocolate. My other cats will not bother licking the left over ice cream bowl or occasional cookie crumbs, but Lacey goes nuts to try to get at them. She plots, crawls, pounces, dashes...whatever it takes.

I know it's not good for them so I watch her as much as I can, but you know that a determined cat can't be denied forever. So far, it's always been very small quantities because well, meowmie loves chocolate, too so there's never too much left behind, but she has stolen a chocolate chip cookie off of my 7 year old's plate once. She was busted chomping away under the couch since she knew when she was found, the cookie would be taken away.

So...anyone else's cat eat stuff they really just shouldn't? Don't they have an inner radar to keep them safe from stuff like this? Is my cat just weird?

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
As I'm typing this we are all sitting on the couch sharing some Sour Cream and Onion Pringles.

My cats are always after junk food, especially the kitten. He is a total chow hound and shares with me all the time.

·
Super Moderator
26,804 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
My kitty is interested in any food I eat....even more so than his food. I don't let him eat it but one of these days he might sneak some successfully. He also tries to drink coffee on occasion...I think he smells the milk/cream in it but who knows. Mainly, I want my little guy to let me eat in peace without having to fend him off. ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Eddie does strange things like take & eat spinach off my plate when im eating chicken salad....she also stole some raisins out of my breakfast.

They both go crazy over cheese, any kind, the grater has to be washed straight after use or they will lick at it and im scared they will grate their tongues!
They like creamed cheese too.
Ohhh and Wotsits (cheetos)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My almost 5 month old kitten named Finn eats EVERYTHING! Tuna, chocolate, vanilla ice cream, macaroni, spaghetti, anything you could possibly think of.... he eats it! He is just obsessed with bagels and milk, though! Don't worry, we know whats healthy and what isn't and we watch him when he eats human food and make sure he doesn't eat too much.

·
Banned
154 Posts
I always thought chocolate was deadly for cats? Mimi gets absolutely NO human food - but my old cat, Kiki, would steal doritos right out of my hand - and loved bread. Any time I left bread on the counter she could smell it even through the packaging and was up and ripping through the plastic to get at it...

·
Registered
189 Posts
My beloved Cutie, used to steal the dorito bag... the whole bag and hide it somewhere and open it up, then come up from hiding with orange whiskers. So all junk food goes straight to the locked cupboards as soon as I get home. Although the current cats dont seem to care much for doritos.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Since getting occasional raw meat, one of my kittens has become interested in my human food (even cooked meat or lettuce). I haven't been able to eat in peace for over a month! He tries to steal food off my plate and swats at my food.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts