Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Archibald will do this for hours. Seriously. At first I thought it was him bringing me his 'kill' which he sometimes does. But sometimes he will come drop a toy on our feet. If we pick it up and just hold it in our hand, he will swat at it until it falls out then attack it. If we throw it he will happily bring it back. Usually, once we start, if we stop he just comes over and smacks hands until we toss it or give him something else to do. Anyone else have fetching cats?:kitty ball Usually when he is done, he 'buries' it next to us and takes a nap. So freaking cute <3

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too cute! Archie will seriously fetch for a half hour or more. We take turns throwing because it gets tiring, but it makes him so happy :)

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Book will fetch until my arm falls off. If I don't throw his toy he lays near me and keeps batting it against me. Over and over and over and over.......

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yup, Tequila will play fetch. He loves it when I throw the toy down the hall and he runs for it and slides down the hardwood. Sometimes when he can't stop cuz he's so big, he will crash. Ouch! But it's really cute. I've got a goofy coonie.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Is it just very young cats? My adult former strays look at the ball I throw, look at me, yawn and go lie down next to the apt door to wait for garden stroll time.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes! Evie loves to fetch. She fetches her ball and either drops it next to me or drops it in my hand, then she half turns and watches the ball 'til I throw it again. I need to get a video!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Is it just very young cats? My adult former strays look at the ball I throw, look at me, yawn and go lie down next to the apt door to wait for garden stroll time.
Toby did it as a kitten but not so much anymore. Now he'll go after it but wont do much with it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
none of mine will fetch but they like to chase toy's & attack them the they run off for me to throw it again for them to chase & kill lol

Teddybear & Meeca play catch & bat with crinkle ball's

aww they are all soooooo cute arent they eh? :)

Meeca's favourite is screwed up sweetie wrapper's lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nugget plays catch, but he won't fetch. I sit at the base of his cat tree and toss him a toy and he catches it out of the air, worries it a bit, and then drops it back into my lap.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Squeek (5 years old) will bring her mousie and peep at me until I throw it. then she'll bring it and peep again. she loses interest after a few throws though. Only does it with the mousie, she's never brought me another toy to throw, and she has many here. She did drag in her leather tassle wand toy a few times, but thats not something I would throw.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Both my Devon Rex love to fetch. Alkee loves stuffed mousies, and Zuba's fave are those springy things, or wires of any kind. They picked it up very quickly as 2 mo. old kittens, and continue to fetch at 7 yrs., perhaps not quite as vigorously now. When I bred Manx some of them fetched but not all. Those that were breeding usually had their minds on others things, like being pregnant, looking after kittens, and stud more interested in the girls than playing. The ones that fetched were some I kept as spays or neuters.

It's a great bonding experience and fun for the cat as well as you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Archie has learned that its fun with mom or dad throwing and now looks sad/hurt when we don't play. Thankfully he also knows when playtime is ok....mostly.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts