Cat Forum banner

Do your cats play with their food?

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fed Sabre a bone in cornish game hen breast today. It was his first time trying bone in. Before eating it he swatted it around the room for while before eating it. Just curious if anyone else's cats do this! He also growled at me for the first 5 minutes he had it if I tried to move it back onto his towel. lol! What are your cats eating habits?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Willie doesn't play or growl but he hates eating on the towel, he repeatedly drags the food off because he won't put his own body on the towel, he sits on the edge. He also will not use his paws, he has tried a few times but doesn't like it. he grabs the food, shakes it then chews a piece off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
LOL yes picked it up in his mouth and jumped at the same time over and over it was cute and messy and kinda icky to, oh well

·
Banned
952 Posts
The only time my cats play with their food is when I offer whole mice - they toss those suckers all OVER the place. Heck, I didn't know cats COULD toss mice that high! And after all that playing, they eat the front half and leave me a nasty, bloody two-legged, pink-tailed mess to clean up. :yikes

For obvious reasons, they don't get mice very often. :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts