Cat Forum banner

Do your cats poop in the wrong places a few times a month?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

Do your cats poop n pee in the wrong places?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fbodgrl 
#1 ·
No is for those cats who maybe leave a surprise once every other month or so but is pretty good with the litter box.

Yes is for those cats who do their thing in strange places like your bed, bath tub, floor, etc.

#2 ·
Do your cats poop n pee in wrong place

Jimmy is a very clean little cat and never goes in the wrong place (I hope that's not tempting providence :? )
But he has thrown up on the carpet a few times. Once, when we were out, he threw up on an old magazine that had been left on the floor. We thought that was very considerate of him :)
Also, just after a new neighbour moved in to our block Jimmy started spraying just inside our front door. I think he was saying 'Keep out of here, new guy, this is *my* flat!'
He only did it a couple of times, though, and now he's stoppped. Bless him.

seashell

#3 ·
Usually when a cat goes to the bathroom outside the litter box it indicates there is a problem. Please if you answer yes to this question make a vet appointment to have your kitty checked for urinary tract infection.

Other simple things that may cause your cat to urinate outside the litter box are..

Not being spayed or nuetered
litter box needs a good cleaning
to many cats to one litter box
they dislike litter or box type

#6 ·
sounds like good news about the statistics... the other topics on how peoples' cats poop or pee in their bed made me feel like this is a common thing. so i was a bit worried. not to mention that i got a 2 story home, which leaves lot of space for hidden treasures.

#7 ·
Occasionaly Lamar will not use the litter box. I have found that he is VERY particular about litter box cleanliness. I spend ALOT of time maintaining a clean litter box for him. The other two have never went anywhere but the box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.