Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Genie is my first indoor cat and I'm amazed at how lovely she smells. I can't help burying my face in her fur and sniffing, her scent is so delicate and clean and fresh. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Mine do, but I know why. I keep the scent of vanilla throughout my house and spray all of my furniture with vanilla. So, naturally, my cats also have taken on the scent :p

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
The best spot on Mow is the back of his little head and between his shoulder blades on his back. He always smells so great in those spots. I find it such a soothing smell.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Midnight, the wild cat who sleeps in my garage during the day and roams the woods with the foxes at night, sometimes smells -well- not so good. :p

BTW - That snow fence in the background is to keep the deer herd from trampling the snow on the septic drain field! :wink

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
In that particular picture Midnight looks like he's thinking "You better not even THINK about sniffing me, Buddy!"

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, what an amazing cat! I'm in love with Midnight! He looks incredibly wise and powerful in that picture!

One of my friends once said about his cat: "I wonder what he does when he roams outside. Today when he came home, he smelled like autumn leaves and women's perfume"

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish Tiik smelled sweet. He actually has quite a funk about him for a 5 month old. He keeps himself perfectly groomed so am not sure what the odor is about.
I've never had a cat smell like him. All others have been sweet smelling.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Midnight is the first wild cat that poses for photos and demands cable TV LOL

Prince smells like nothing. His mouth sometimes smells foul. Since he's white and long-haired, I'd love to be able to give him a bath with a perfumed shampoo. Doubt he'd love it, though LOL

·
Registered
233 Posts
My beloved girl came to me named Malia. Every time I smelled her I smelled raisins. Never really liked "Malia" - so she now answers to "Raisin"

·
Banned
203 Posts
Oh Dagny smells sooo good all the time! I always tell him he smells so good I could just sniff him up!! lol! He' just smells so clean and fresh always.

·
Registered
234 Posts
After being a dog person most of my life, I was amazed at the odor of my first cat. I can sink my nose into his fur and really smell nothing, Maybe a cleanlyness odor.
My new kitty has sort of a sweet smell about her.
If were blind folded, you could hold each up to my nose and I could tell which cat it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts