Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Mine are strays, not ferals, so they basically lie around my house from mealtime to mealtime, and occasionally bicker at each other out of boredom.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question but what is a feral??? If a kitten lost its mother before it was weaned be considered feral???? Just curious

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would like to follow Midnight, the wild cat, but he always heads off into the woods.

In order to follow him at my current age, I would need some assistance from equipment I had when I was younger. :D

·
Premium Member
7,841 Posts
Maybe this is a dumb question but what is a feral??? If a kitten lost its mother before it was weaned be considered feral???? Just curious
There are no dumb questions here. Ferals are semi wild, unsocial cats. They do not trust humans and it could take years to earn their trust - with some never trusting at all. Strays are those pets that stray away from home, are lost or abandoned. They can quickly bond with a new human caregiver because they learned early on that we are not the enemy.

When I was in Italy, the feral population was awful. They bred uncontrollably with generation after generation not socializing with humans at all.

·
Premium Member
9,135 Posts
I think it would be a great idea. Youd need night cameras too for when traps are checked in the middle of the night. High speed film for when we release animals other than cats that went in traps. Ability to record phone calls to hear some of the crazies who call us. Or us discussing how to solve problems that arise. Then a bleap function for when we deal with injures and neglected cats and the heartless uncaring sub humans involved. Plua sweet music for the bottle babies and adoption day celebrations!

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
I'd love to see the video footage Midnight comes home with just strapping one of those lightweight cameras to him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts