1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I don't have that cat tree, but it seems like a good deal. I'd make sure you're ok with its dimensions, or be willing to get a bigger tree when your kitty gets older. The scratcher is an excellent choice! It's tall and stable, so your kitty can grow with it. It seems long lasting, too.

Toys! Yes, Da bird & its feather replacement (refill) is the best. Here's a list of what I'd buy:

-Da bird refills (they can tear thru them within a week, lol)
-Laser toy
-Another wand toy, like the mousie at the end or the "cat dancer" (wire w/cardboard bait)
-Rattling fuzzy mice
-Bergan cat scratcher (track w/ball that goes round 'n round)
-Rattling / jingly /crinkle ball
-Fur (bunny-fur?) ball
-cardboad boxes (save these!)
-paper/shopping bag including those re-usable 99-cent bags
-crinkle tunnel

A lot of stuff I just found rather expensive at big box stores and found them surprisingly cheaper at smaller, local pet stores. They also had a wider assortment of quality toys rather than the stuff you see at petsmart/co. Also, cats have varying personalities like humans, so you may just have to buy random stuff, or find simple household items that work best for your kitty. Toys can be switched around maybe every week or two, to prevent boredom, but wand/interactive type toys need to always be locked or tucked securely away at all times.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input. The tree is 55" I think I saw. That seems big enough. If not, well, we can always get another later.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did get a laser pointer thing. I'll get the Bergan thing, too. I have some toys around here already from my other cat that she never used. I'll have to gather them up.

·
Registered
325 Posts
the tree description says it has sisal posts so you might not need the other scratching post . . .

Bon.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Petco Bungalow and the other one I linked to say they have 'soft lamb fur fabric.' Can you comment on that? I thought they would be carpeted.

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
Were any lambs harmed in the making of this cat tree?? Wondering how cleanable it would be if someone barfed on it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How would you know? I'm pretty sure at that price it's not real lambs wool.

I've been measuring. I have no wall space next to a window to accommodate any of these. They would have to go over the window and only the first one I linked to wouldn't land on a heat vent. Oh, and 55 inches isn't as tall as I thought. You guys probably already knew that!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
You could also get a window perch for your cat, like people here on other threads have gotten the "sunny seat window bed" with suction cups and requires no carpentry work on your part to install it. Your kitty would probably be older to use the sills to look outside at wildlife or catch a sunbeam. I am considering ordering the "kitty cot" instead only because it's adjustable for smaller windows. The guy who makes it is also local, so I guess I'm a supporter of that, too.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
G-Peg, Don't worry about the "lambs wool"! Marcia was just having some fun with you! ;):p
From some of the reviews I've read, it sounds like it's pretty easy to clean!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ha ha! Good to know!

I just looked at the Sunny Seat and the Kitty Cot. The Kitty Cot is 26 inches compared to the 14 inches of the Sunny Seat. Funny how they both have photos with 2 cats on them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I purchased my cat tree from Wayfair- fast free shipping, and no sales tax.

If you're limited in space, this would work as a post and tree:

New Cat Condos Sisal Rope Scratching Post | Wayfair

New Cat Condos Round Multi Cat Scratcher | Wayfair

Those are the same brand as our cat tree: new cat condos. I am very impressed with the quality. And they are carpeted, which I wanted.

This tree gets really good reviews, from Armakat. It's smaller, and pretty basic, but Armakat seems to be a decent, sturdy brand.

52" Classic Cat Tree in Beige for Sale | Wayfair

My most used scratcher, besides t he tree, is this one. they are laying on it or playing on it or scratching it....all.the.time.

PetFusion Cat Scratcher Lounge - Deluxe & Reviews | Wayfair

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
G-Peg, Don't worry about the "lambs wool"! Marcia was just having some fun with you! ;):p
From some of the reviews I've read, it sounds like it's pretty easy to clean!
Yes, just being my usual obnoxious self!! It should read imitation lambs wool though.

60" is 5 feet tall so 55 would only be about 4 1/2 feet tall. Not very tall at all. My pet peeve is when they use kittens in an ad to make things look larger or photo shop the cats to make them look small.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I've always wanted to get that PetFusion Lounger, but didn't want to deal with all the shredding and mess I'd be left with! :wink Looks aesthetically pleasing, though!

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Marcia that's one of the things I've noticed too! You really do have to pay attention to the measurements!
Pictures can be deceiving!
I've also been looking at cat trees...
and trying to figure out what I'd have to rearrange in my living room!! :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've always wanted to get that PetFusion Lounger, but didn't want to deal with all the shredding and mess I'd be left with! :wink Looks aesthetically pleasing, though!
The shedding isn't bad at all! The cardboard is very different from other cardboard scratchers; it's almost compacted and stiff. I can sit or stand on it. It is solid!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.